IP Box 9000hd won't flash!

Shape1974

Registered
Hello,

I've just bought my IP-box (followed the user guide), but I can't flash the darn thing! I want to install the Sifteam image in the flash (no multiboot) with CCcam.I've tried through serial (rs232) for the image sifteam-e2-ee-1.2_1.00-cuberevo-flash.tar.gz or through USB stick (image sifteam-e2-ee-1.2_1.00-cuberevo-usb.tar.gz) but nothing happens on both accounts!

I'm new to the ip-box but thought this sat receiver was similar to the dreambox.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in advance,

Greetings, Shape

Last edited:

just4fun2

Registered
Hi, this is how to upgrade the flash with a usb pen
1-format your pen
2-copy the img into the pen(remember the name can only be> usb_update.img
3-with power off, insert the pen,power on from the back & hold the power front at same time> when booting appear, press channel up on front, usb upgrade appear, release the buttons & wait until done thats all:)

Shape1974

Registered
I did this, but the message "done" does not appear (and i've waited for over an half our)
I opened the file sifteam-e2-ee-1.2_1.00-cuberevo-flash.tar.gz with winrar. In this file i opened sifteam-e2-ee-1.2_1.00-cuberevo-flash.tar where the existing file usb_update-cuberevo.img is. Copied this file to the pendrive and renamed it to usb_update.img.

Just for the record: There are 2 images by sifteam. One for in the flash and one for multiboot (usb). Is this correct?

Shape1974

Registered
I bought the box second hand, so i have no idea what image there is on now. Searching this forum made me realize that there is a big difference on enigma 1 and enigma 2. The sifteam image is enigma 2. Can there be a problem in updating if the box is not enigma 2 ready???? Or is this a stupid idea? ;-)

Shape1974

Registered
Yes I can boot.
After I presse de powerbutton the box boots normally (and with the old image). Very strange though.
So if the current image is enigma 1, I can flash it with an enigma 2 image?

Last edited:

triplex1

Registered
the image you have to put in the pen must be usb_update and not usb_update.img [because the file is img file so you not renamed usb_update.img] and your pen formated in fat32

Shape1974

Registered
This is the file i've downloaded:
http://dreambox.sifteam.eu/index.php?dir=9000HD/r12413/9000-usb_update.tar.gz
Extracted the file and a usb_update.img file appeared. Copied it to Pen witch is formatted on FAT32

I'm using total commander for renaming files. This includes the extensions. The files I renamed get the name usb_update.img and not usb_update.img.img

It's been about 5 minutes know, and the box is still in "usb upgrade" mode. No "done" in the screen yet.
My foot is starting to itch. In about 5 more minutes it will probably land in the IP box....

Last edited:

triplex1

Registered
if you haven't HP_USB_BOOT_UTILITY install from my files,with this re-format your usb pendrive.after that put in your pen my uboot file [this install is the same with the flash img] hold the power front at same time with channel up on front panel and you see usb upgrade[at the final you must have done press once the power front and you see booting then just removed the usb pendrive,after that continue with flash image...good luck

here : ipbox9000hd files for flash

Shape1974

Registered
I followed your instructions, and I think I know what the problem is.
On my pendrive I see the light flashing when its being formatted (to fat32).
When I put the IP-Box in USB upgrade, the light on the pendrive does not flash! The IP box does not read the pendrive. I think the USB port is shot down!

Can I use the same method you described while flashing with rs232 or USB client?

UPDATE:
I stand corrected. After booting through FTP i went to mnt/usb/usb0 and the Uboot file was accessible.

UPDATE:
I'm starting to think that this box has a really f*cked up image installed when i bought it. I can access de pendrive through FTP, but when i want to update through the pendrive, the pendrive does not get accessed!

Last edited: