Help Please Cuberevo 9000

rustyj

Registered
Hi All
Can someone please point me in the right direction of a step by step guide on how to get my box up and running please I am about to stick it on ebay or launch it though the window.:mad:

All the posts I have read assume we know all about this boxes.
I know how to FTP, Telnet but this is just a bit much.:mecry:

I have formated my usb stick and loaded NLB I have also installed E2 on USB Stick but having problems with multiboot.
I have gone though http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=133038

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:

Dooley

Registered
Multibooting is the easy part... The real trouble comes when you get E2 installed and have to live with the constant freezings and breakdowns :p

Do you have a serial cable plugged in ?

rustyj

Registered
No I do have a USB cable I can use and I can FTP on to my box if that helps.
My Laptop doen't have a serail port on it.

rustyj

Registered
Thanks Dooley
I have made a Null-modem cable as I couldn't be asked to go out and buy on. I havn't made one in years.
What flash tool should I use??

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks Dooley
I have made a Null-modem cable as I couldn't be asked to go out and buy on. I havn't made one in years.
What flash tool should I use??

You don't need any cable other then usb cable.
Although in most case even ethernet will do.

But I am not sure at what stage you are now.
You got flash image working fine ?
Do you have multiboot working, can you boot to enigma2 on usb?

You should follow that thread to which you have already linked to and explain at which point you get stuck. You load multiboot file as if it was some new image you are flashing. Think PC editor should even do the trick over ethernet cable. It has an option to flash the box from hdd or without if file is not too big.

just4fun2

Registered
Hi if it is your 1rst Ipbox(like me)..try with PKT 7.5 image...all my pb are GONE:thum::D i´ve misted 10 days for nothing:mad:
**mine img is in flash
Use a USB max 2gb, format FAT, copy**** img inside usb_update.img,
insert, press power on front & power on from the back...booting appear, upgrade appear..so you can release...maybe little different with 9000(i have a 3000)...when upgrade, follow message on screen & when finish.....
Hope this help you...

rustyj

Registered
You don't need any cable other then usb cable.
Although in most case even ethernet will do.

But I am not sure at what stage you are now.
You got flash image working fine ?
Do you have multiboot working, can you boot to enigma2 on usb?

You should follow that thread to which you have already linked to and explain at which point you get stuck. You load multiboot file as if it was some new image you are flashing. Think PC editor should even do the trick over ethernet cable. It has an option to flash the box from hdd or without if file is not too big.

Ok Well I have both working now Null-modem and Ethernet.
Can I start from scratch???

I have formated my usb stick and loaded NLB 9580 I have also installed E2 (PKT_mod_5.5_Tideglo_rev_7.5_9000.tar.gz ) on USB Stick but having problems with multiboot.

I think it's step 2 I am getting stuck on not sure how to get the file on the box. I have been useing DCC295 to do this.
I have done step 1, 3, and all till 23
This is the document I have been following. http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?

Any idea's
This box will drive me to drink.

hawk_claw

Registered
install the latest sifteam image man, or better yet the last versions of the russian teams they are real quick,you can multiboot easily and if it didnt work,install the multiboot manually but i havent tried installing the multiboot file on nlb

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok Well I have both working now Null-modem and Ethernet.
Can I start from scratch???

I have formated my usb stick and loaded NLB 9580 I have also installed E2 (PKT_mod_5.5_Tideglo_rev_7.5_9000.tar.gz ) on USB Stick but having problems with multiboot.

I think it's step 2 I am getting stuck on not sure how to get the file on the box. I have been useing DCC295 to do this.
I have done step 1, 3, and all till 23
This is the document I have been following. http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?

Any idea's
This box will drive me to drink.

Never mind the step 2.
Since you've got nlb installed you can just ftp the multiboot file to /tmp folder. But rename multiboot file to usb_update.img

Then access NLB web interface by etnering ipbox ip in your browser. Use update firmware option or whatever it is called, I haven't used ipbox in a while can't remember exact details.

But in any case it should flash the multiboot file in few seconds.

After that you should be able to choose multiboot options, just make sure you press the button on remote as soon as you see booting on front display.
You can test first by holding number 3 to boot to flash image.
Then you can go on to installing enigma2 on usb stick.

There is few different multiboot files, I know I ran into some that didn't work properly for me. So I've attached one I know works for sure.

rustyj

Registered
I didn't think that was what I needed to see.
So how do I fix this??
Is there a singel App I can use to do all the work??

Last edited:

DKaftermath

Registered
Does anyone know what button will get me into multiboot on a new Cuberevo HD twin??

# 1 boot with CDKroot(NFS)
# 2 boot from USB memory stick, with internal HDD
# 3 original images as current flash memory
# 4 boot with NFS
# 5 boot from USB memory stick, but without internal HDD
# 6 boot from internal SATA HDD
# 7 boot from flash memory for another image
some multiboot configs have options 1,2, or 3 instead of the above

Last edited:

rustyj

Registered
Hi I Have now managed to extract the multiboot on to the USB stick.

When my box has booted up I get a popup screen says "USB memory is detected" so my box is seeing the usb stick.

But still having problems getting in the the multiboot menu.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You have to flash multiboot file same as if you were flashing a new image. Just having it on usb doesn't do anything.
And sorry about this post http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=524434&postcount=9
I've just realized I never attached a file I said I did. So that's fixed now.

Anyway you have to flash multiboot file either from /tmp folder and webinterface, or by pc editor, or from usb stick or flash tools. So you've got options :)

After that you reboot your box and choose an option you need by pressing and holding the number on RC. But until you install enigma2 on usb stick you can only boot to flash image. That would be number 3

rustyj

Registered
Thanks for the file

Ok just so I get this right

1. DGS Software i.e. NLB in tihs case gets flashed on the the box and is normally "name.img"

2. Multiboot file get flashed on to the box and has to be called "usb_image.img"

The above two files get flashed with any flashing tool.

3. Enigma files get extracted to youe usb memory stick after it has been formated in Linux.

please correct me if any of this is right.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the file

Ok just so I get this right

1. DGS Software i.e. NLB in tihs case gets flashed on the the box and is normally "name.img"

2. Multiboot file get flashed on to the box and has to be called "usb_image.img"

The above two files get flashed with any flashing tool.

3. Enigma files get extracted to youe usb memory stick after it has been formated in Linux.

please correct me if any of this is right.

Both 1 and 2 should be named usb_update.img to be flashed. Maybe with flash tools the file name is irrelevant, can't really remember only used it first time I got the box. It was inconvenient to move the box near the pc to flash it when there is easier methods.

Point 3 is correct. After you have multiboot running, you put usb stick in, boot up your flash image, format the usb stick, extract engima files on it, then boot e2 from stick.