AZBox HD Premium

adrray1974

Registered
Hi, just want to start by saying thanks to everyone that is contributing to this product, which has been very interestng in browsing through the forum.

Got my AZBox HD on Monday, and am impressed with the video quality, sound quality and ease of use.]

Have set mine up so that it mounts the NAS in my network, but am stuck on one thing.

I am using:

mount.cifs //nas.ipaddress/share /DATA/movie/ -o username=MSHOME,password=
mount,.cifs //nas.ipaddress/share2 /DATA/music/ -o username=MSHOME,password=

I would like the AZBox to connect to the NAS if i have to reboot, rather than having to telnet in and mount manually.

Next, i have a 1TB Western Digital attached to the AZBox HD via USB. Formated with the AZBox, which didnt take long at all. I would like to be able to access this Drive over the NETWORK to transfer files straight to it, like another NAS, if that makes sense.

Finally, i have installed the latest WEBPHP for the AZBox, however the play live is not working. The VLC plugin is installed, when i click play i get "No Playlist found". Also on this note, is there anyway for the stream to be reduced in bitrate to stream via internet if i am away with my laptop, similar to the Webinterface for DVBDream, (Which i never did get to work on the re-coding :(

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help

Adi

just found this thread for my first problem:
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=106386

so if i did this:

#!/bin/sh

sleep 10
mount.cifs //nas.ipaddress/share /DATA/movie/ -o username=MSHOME,password=
mount.cifs //nas.ipaddress/share2 /DATA/music/ -o username=MSHOME,password=

Then save this as cifsmount.sh Obviousley i would have to amend the OpenXCSA module too, would this work?

Last edited:

Smudger075

Registered
I use this line

#!/bin/sh
sleep 10
mount.cifs //NAS_IPaddress/mnt/disk1/share /DATA/movie -o guest

I only use openxcas module NAS I don't change any system files. Also don't forget to CHMOD file and don't accidently change file type to dos file type by using notepad as this will currupt .sh script file.

Last edited:

adrray1974

Registered
Thanks for the input, this could be something i am doing wrong. All of the editing i hae been using notepad. Will get myself a Linux editor and have a play tomorrow morning!

adrray1974

Registered
Sorted now, well the first problem at least!.

Used EditPad Lite (Free) for editing the NAS.sh file.

changed rights to 755, placed all in the AzBox, rebooted, and voila, my network drives are there!, thanks again for your help on this one.

Any ideas on the remaing to problems i have at the moment?

Thanks in advance

Adi:thum:

Smudger075

Registered
Sorry can't help on other as I don't have installed. Why not start new thread in with the problem in title.

adrray1974

Registered
Next, i have a 1TB Western Digital attached to the AZBox HD via USB. Formated with the AZBox, which didnt take long at all. I would like to be able to access this Drive over the NETWORK to transfer files straight to it, like another NAS, if that makes sense.

Have resolved this issue now as follows:

In settings, enable File Sharing (located in Network Services i think). Set the workgroup to the same as your home network, i.e MSHOME or WORKGROUP, give your AZBox HD a name, and leave password blank.

When you place the AZBox HD in standby, on your pc, goto My Network Places, then Workgroup Computers, and there you will see the AZBox. It will only let you see the following folders though:

movie
music
picture
download
recording

Next, inorder to share the USB Hard Drive, or infact the internal Hard Drive you need to have the OpenXCAS with NAS.

In the NAS.sh file add the following to the bottom of your NAS shares:

Code:
mount /dev/sda1 /DATA/movie/ -o username=root,password=azbox

This will mount your USB drive to the movie folder so you can see it.

Also, i went into the AZBox with FileZilla and set the permissions for the USB drive to 777 so i can do everything with the hard drive.

Rebooted the AZBox, placed in standby, went to My Network Locations on my PC, selected the AzBox, selected Movies and there was the USB drive. I can add folders, transfer files to and from and rename in this folder now.

If you want to do the same for an internal HDD, then check to see what the /dev/ is for the internal HDD and replace sda1 with that.

Adi