The alternative "All one needs to know about AZbox HD" detailed guide!

gorski

Registered
Hehe, no bin file, m8. My new HW - in this case = 16 new SMART-ELECTRONIC.DE Twin LNBs and 2x CENTAURI 16in1 switches...;)

Preping for a true twin tuner receiver... one day, hehe...:p

Cheerio!:)

daemonas

Registered
who for... ?

I do not know about others :confused:
but 4 sure 0pensat may use your help :rolleyes:

Hehe - who for, m8?:)

Btw, my wife agrees with you, half-joking I should ask for a share in profits...:D selling Gawd knows how many of these machines... :D

night77

Registered
i have a very simple question here,
when you say i have to use an FTP, i downloaded Mozilla to my PC, how is the way to connect that FTP to my AZ BOX ? i dont get it, please help

daemonas

Registered
read how to

Download and read "gorski's" alternative guide for azbox.
Its all inside there "loud and clear" :D

i have a very simple question here,
when you say i have to use an FTP, i downloaded Mozilla to my PC, how is the way to connect that FTP to my AZ BOX ? i dont get it, please help

gorski

Registered
And now, the Spanish translation, thanx to pe.tardo!!! :D

How to get the on-screen info for MultiCAS:

Get into AZbox HD by using FileZilla Client program and go to MultiCAS folder.

Open the openxcas.conf in MultiCAS folder & edit it like so:

[module]
name = MultiCAS
daemon = emu_module
version = 1.62D-B07
INFO = /tmp/ccc_ecm.info
REFRESH = 2

Now, get into AZ HD by using a telnet program [MaZ 3.0 or PuTTy]

When you are logged in [username = root & password = azbox or whatever it is], type:

cd /PLUGINS/OpenXCAS/MultiCAS

Hit ENTER on the keyboard.

Then, again, type:

dos2unix openxcas.conf

-> ENTER.

Reboot.

Now, when AZ HD restarts, press **** button on the remote [next to ****| button, which one uses to change an Emu] and you'll have the ECM or whichever info you want to have on the screen, if MultiCAS is active and a channel is decoded... ;)

gorski

Registered
Additionally:

Card list:

[module]
name = MultiCAS
daemon = emu_module
version = 1.62
INFO = /tmp/ccc_card_list.info
REFRESH = 2

Server list:

[module]
name = MultiCAS
daemon = emu_module
version = 1.62
INFO = /tmp/ccc_serverstatus.info
REFRESH = 2

Emdedded card reader:

[module]
name = MultiCAS
daemon = emu_module
version = 1.62
INFO = /tmp/card_slot.info
REFRESH = 2

gorski

Registered
How to create SWAP FILE in AZbox HD!!!

Thanx to Leitz and guys from AZboxHD.es forum, this will help with AZbox HD performance!!!

0) I have a USB memory stick attached to my AZbox HD.
(If you have an HDD attached to yours - the same applies, of course, with minor difference.)
I have used AZ HD to format it to Ext3.
HOME -> Settings -> Storage -> choose the device you want to format -> Format. Reboot occurs.

1) Download "swap.rar" file and decompress it on your HDD.
You'll get a "swap" folder. In it you'll find a file and a PLUGINS folder.

2) The file S2swap.sh is a script and it must be put in AZbox HD folder DISK2/etc/start.d
CHMOD it to 755.

3) Inside the PLUGINS folder there is a swapon folder (with 2 files in it). It goes to AZbox HD Plugins folder.
CHMOD its contents to 755.

3a) Depending on whether one has an HDD or a USB memory stick, one edits the swapon.sh (in Plugins).

To edit the files below, use a Notepad2 or another UNIX editor, not Notepad or Wordpad etc.

From line no. 33, we find the following:

Code:
#choose device, where to create swapfile
 #SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/hdb1
 SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb1/sda1

If you have an HDD attached to AZ HD put the # sign in front of the USB line and remove it from the other one.

Then, we edit the file size for the SWAP partition here:

Code:
SWAPFILE=swapfile
 #SWAPSIZE=204800
 SWAPSIZE=102400

The first one creates a 200MB and the second one a 100MB SWAP file. Do as above, to serve your needs.

Reboot.

Go to HOME -> File Manager and check your USB or HDD. You should see a 100 or 200MB SWAP partition...

Every time AZbox HD is started the script creates the file.

My machine is now more stable, faster and the EPG plugin works just fine, with no freezes. Patience!

gorski

Registered
Added info re. the SWAP file, on-screen ECM and similar info, KGD good work, EPG plugin etc. :)

Cleaned up and improved... I hope... ;)

gorski

Registered
Priority Manager v. 1.8 by BuyukBang - my experience....

Here's what I did with this cool BuyukBang's script - quickly described, in relation to my needs...

Before everything else, in the PM 1.8 one has lots and lots of various possibilities to tweak AZbox HD and improve its performance, that most ordinary users won't need but they are there, nevertheless - and great that we have those extra tools!!!! Read on, learn and enjoy messing about, depending on your needs/wants!!! ;)

One little thing [but a great touch, nevertheless!!!] is the ability to move the PM's main menu about, if it doesn't fit your TV screen properly.

For instance, it didn't fit mine 100%, as I needed to move it to the right and a little bit down. This is what I did, in order to achieve that, in the PM settings:

Code:
TOP_SHIFT=10
 LEFT_SHIFT=20
 RATIO=90

Top Shift moves it down and Left Shift moves it from the left to the right, while ratio of less than 100 reduces its size.

OK, have a look at what I did, when it comes to PM's major functions:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
   # PRIORITY MANAGER V1.8 BY BUYUKBANG
   #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
   PRIORITY_MANAGEMENT=1
   KILL_TV_EMU=0 
   #---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
   HIDDEN_CHN_LST_PASS=00000
   DOM_SPEED=1
   UPGRADE_BUSYBOX=1
   CRON=0
   SWAPPER=1
   SWAPSIZE=204800            # ==> SIZE OF SWAP FILE IN BYTES.
   SWAPDEVICE=/DATA/usb1/sda1
                              # ==> CHOOSE DEVICE, WHERE TO CREATE SWAPFILE
                              # FOR INTERNAL HDD DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS  : /DATA/hdb1
                              # FOR USB1 HDD/FLASH DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS: /DATA/usb1/sda1
                              # FOR USB2 HDD/FLASH DISK SET SWAPDEVICE AS: /DATA/usb2/sda1
   DEEP_SLEEP=0
   MOVE_PLUGINS=0
   SCHEDULED_BACKUP=0
   ACTIONS=0
   CIF_MOUNT=0
   #--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
   VERBOSE_MODE=0

So, I:

A) activated PM,

B) [I have a USB memory stick stuck into my AZbox HD's USB port no. 1 = USB1, which I formatted by AZbox HD, using the remote controller: HOME -> Settings -> Storage -> Format] created a 200MB SWAP file on my USB memory stick, which greatly improves the stability and speed of AZbox HD, because AZ doesn't have enough internal physical memory,

C) increased the DOM speed/reaction time.

D) As you can see, I have no internal or external USB HDD attached to my AZbox HD. But I also have NAS [Network Attached Storage], attached to my router, just as my AZbox HD is attached to the router. They should therefore be able to "talk".

I made them a part of my WORKGROUP, of course. Btw, one should configure each device in your WORKGROUP, so they belong to the WORKGROUP. You can name your WORKGROUP any way you want to... For AZbox HD you go to HOME -> Settings -> Network Service -> File Server -> Enable by pressing OK -> Setting -> put the details in...

In accordance with the above requirements, I did the following, in order to "mount" the movies, music and photos on my NAS to my AZbox HD, so AZbox HD can "see" those files and my NAS can stream them, via my home network [LAN] to AZbox HD. [AZbox HD has a built-in Media Player that can turn those files into images and sounds and if you go to HOME -> File Manager -> it will be able to play them all from there, if it can play those formats, hehe... :D]

1) On Synology DS210j [my cool Linux-based and really well sorted NAS], I created shared folders [video, music, photo and TVrecord].

2) Then, I activated the NFS sharing protocol in DS210j settings [Linux streaming protocol, as opposed to Windows, CIFS].

3) I also created a user I called AZboxHD [including the password]. Otherwise, all else is done from the main admin account, with its password. One needs to give rights to the AZboxHD user [Write and/or just Read,according to what your needs are].

4) Each Shared Folder needs to be edited -> NFS Privileges. Here, I gave them to my AZbox HD, in the form of its IP address [192.168.x.x].

Even though I have an admin account with username/password to log in - it is then not necessary, when you do the

5) Settings to mount the NFS shared folders, in Priority Manager:

NFS_MOUNT=1

REMOTE_IP=192.168.x.x

CHECK_PATH=/DATA/movie -> this is because I have no HDD attached to my AZbox HD, otherwise [if you do have an internal or external USB HDD] BuyukBang tells me one should create a new, different folder from the default one and then the CHECK_PATH and the following lines differ slightly.

[Check his Readme.txt in /PLUGINS/Priority Manager, for many details or a file called PriorityManagerSettings.txt file in /DISK2/etc folder of your AZbox HD, once you install PM 1.8!!! This is where you change all those settings!!!]

Here are mine, for DS210j NAS, which is seen by AZbox HD as "volume1" [its storage capacity] + the Sharing Folders [as you can see below = video, music, photo and TVrecord]:

Code:
  NFS[1]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/video[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]/DATA/movie[/COLOR]"
  NFS[2]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/music[/COLOR] /DATA/music"
  NFS[3]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/photo[/COLOR] /DATA/picture"
  NFS[4]="[COLOR=DarkGreen]mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]192.168.x.x[/COLOR]:[COLOR=Blue]/volume1/TVRecord[/COLOR] /DATA/recordfile"

Green bits = main command to auto-mount those folders at specific transfer speeds/chunks of data
Red bits = IP address of your NAS/PC, in your Home Network
Blue bits = NAS/PC shared folders you want your AZbox HD to see [= "mount"]
Black bits = where on AZbox HD will you find those folders from your NAS/PC

BuyukBang explains other possibilities in that section [CIFS and NFS], as in Linux there are always more ways to do the same thing and people's setups differ... I simply gave you the info for my situation, what actually worked for me...

=================MY CONCLUSION SO FAR================

My experience with streaming from my Synology DS210j NAS + BuyukBang's PM v. 1.8, so far:

AVI - no problem.

VOB [DVD files] - no problem!

IMAX.Ride.Around.The.World.2006.1080p.BluRay.x264.mkv, with DTS sound -> drop-out just once, for a fraction of a second and a picture slow down for about 5 - 10 secs at one point [19th minute].

At the same time I was copying large files onto my NAS from a USB HDD attached to it.

Later on, I also tried a couple of concerts, mkv 1080, with DTS. Similar results. Watchable!!! Occasionally your picture will slow down for a few secs and DTS drop-outs will happen rarely! But it's watchable!

In fact, I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Both with what BuyukBang has done and with Synology DS210j NAS!!!

But I have to somewhat change my perception of AZbox HD accordingly, I'm afraid.... It's not as bad as it seemed initially, when it comes to streaming to AZbox HD. One needs a Linux based NAS or PC, with NFS installed and properly configured and... maybe... Windows based sharing [CIFS] is more limited, it seems...

Still, Celrun/OpenSat don't deserve people like BuyukBang, the KGD team and all the other enthusiasts, who give freely and improve AZbox HD beyond its limitations, thanx to Celrun's programmers' limitations and crappy Sigma "support"...

=====P.S. If only we could record from AZbox HD to NAS/PC=====

All I hear at it is not possible... This is what BB told me:

I didn't try since I don't have a NAS, instead using PC. But never tried this since I've an internal HDD too.

I don't think it's impossible. But may be freezes in picture making it useless.

To try it, you need to change below symlinks under /DISK2:

Code:
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     default         21 Jan  1  2000 recordfile -> /DATA/hdb1/recordfile/
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     default         20 Jan  1  2000 recording -> /DATA/hdb1/recording/

These are automatically mapped to internal HDD for me.

I think you need to these (not tried, just quessing):

Code:
mkdir  /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recordfile
mkdir  /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recording

ln -sf /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recordfile  /DATA/recordfile 
ln -sf /PATH_FOR_YOUR_NAS_AFTER_MOUNT/recording /DATA/recording

Anyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

spinmar

Registered
Hi gorski,
I'm trying to do a similar things....
I have a dm8000 with internal hdd and I started nfs server with client ip set to my azbox.
Now I'd like to find a way to be able to record to my dm8000 hdd with nfs....
Did you find a solution?
Best regards

gorski

Registered
I forgot to update this thread with what I found...

IT IS WORKING!!!! :D

I managed to record from AZ [in]directly to NAS, as indicated by Keibertz!! I tried this morning and it worked better.

Last night it was idx temporary files and it wasn't stable, blocked my laptop and NAS, so I had to reboot etc.

When I started recording it was creating tmp.idx files and idx files, which were not playable. Anyways, there were plenty of difficulties...

But this morning it was cool! It created TS files and it was playable, it was all functioning pretty well, I am very pleased to say. Some jerky moments, but overall it was good!

One thing I noticed is that it needed a few times to delete all that was there, each time showing me more stuff I tried recording at different attempts, which kinda failed and needed to be deleted - almost as if it was done in layers, so I had to delete it in layers, one at a time...

One more thing: my 1GB USB Memory Stick is also losing the SWAP file after deleting this stuff. I can't see it in HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1. Even after a few reboots, sometimes... Weird... One can see that USB1 is there, just SWAP is lost...

So, as you said, Keibertz, it is possible to do it via USB memory stick, mounting it that way. In Settings, under Storage I have 1.1 TB free, which means AZ really sees my NAS!!!

This is what I did, according to Keibertz & co. Wiki article plus what we discussed here before, in detail...

1) Telnet command to mount the folder necessary for recording via USB memory stick to NAS:

Code:
mount /dev/sda /DATA/usb1
2) A line in BB's PM 1.8, under "Mount NFS folders" in the Settings file:

Code:
NFS[4]="mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 192.168.x.x:/volume1/TVrecord /DATA/usb1"

192.168.x.x = the IP address of my NAS

/volume1/TVrecord = the folder on my NAS I want to record to, of course, and

/DATA/usb1 = the roundabout taken to mount the NAS folder for recording, as the WIKI article states. This is where one will find the recordings, under SDA1, if one goes HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1 -> recordfile [the way I set it up for my needs].

THANX A BUNCH for the advice and details, as with a little bit of patience and perseverance I managed to sort it out!!!

Thanx Synology for the great little home NAS DS210j!!!

Thanx BuyukBang for PM 1.8! Great little piece of work!!!

Thanx Zeini, Keibertz and co. for the Wiki articles and advice here!!!

ZIVJELI!!! PROST!!! CHEERS!!! OLE!!!! :)

spinmar

Registered
I forgot to update this thread with what I found...

IT IS WORKING!!!! :D

I managed to record from AZ [in]directly to NAS, as indicated by Keibertz!! I tried this morning and it worked better.

Last night it was idx temporary files and it wasn't stable, blocked my laptop and NAS, so I had to reboot etc.

When I started recording it was creating tmp.idx files and idx files, which were not playable. Anyways, there were plenty of difficulties...

But this morning it was cool! It created TS files and it was playable, it was all functioning pretty well, I am very pleased to say. Some jerky moments, but overall it was good!

One thing I noticed is that it needed a few times to delete all that was there, each time showing me more stuff I tried recording at different attempts, which kinda failed and needed to be deleted - almost as if it was done in layers, so I had to delete it in layers, one at a time...

One more thing: my 1GB USB Memory Stick is also losing the SWAP file after deleting this stuff. I can't see it in HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1. Even after a few reboots, sometimes... Weird... One can see that USB1 is there, just SWAP is lost...

So, as you said, Keibertz, it is possible to do it via USB memory stick, mounting it that way. In Settings, under Storage I have 1.1 TB free, which means AZ really sees my NAS!!!

This is what I did, according to Keibertz & co. Wiki article plus what we discussed here before, in detail...

1) Telnet command to mount the folder necessary for recording via USB memory stick to NAS:

Code:
mount /dev/sda /DATA/usb1
2) A line in BB's PM 1.8, under "Mount NFS folders" in the Settings file:

Code:
NFS[4]="mount -t nfs -o nolock,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 192.168.x.x:/volume1/TVrecord /DATA/usb1"

192.168.x.x = the IP address of my NAS

/volume1/TVrecord = the folder on my NAS I want to record to, of course, and

/DATA/usb1 = the roundabout taken to mount the NAS folder for recording, as the WIKI article states. This is where one will find the recordings, under SDA1, if one goes HOME -> File Manager -> USB1 -> SDA1 -> recordfile [the way I set it up for my needs].

THANX A BUNCH for the advice and details, as with a little bit of patience and perseverance I managed to sort it out!!!

Thanx Synology for the great little home NAS DS210j!!!

Thanx BuyukBang for PM 1.8! Great little piece of work!!!

Thanx Zeini, Keibertz and co. for the Wiki articles and advice here!!!

ZIVJELI!!! PROST!!! CHEERS!!! OLE!!!! :)

Gorsky, let me understand well because I have an error.
I inserted an usb stick in my azbox and formatted it.
Then I tried to give your first command (mount /dev....) but I got an error "device or resource is busy".
Any hint?
Maybe I'm missing something....

gorski

Registered
No need to quote a previous message at length, m8... Edit it to remove the quote, as it makes it needlessly unreadable...

Reboot and try again... Copy and paste the text!

Change the stick if not...

Good luck!!!:cool:

spinmar

Registered
Sorry for the quote.... but I don't see the button to edit....
Where is it?
Anyway, I tried to reboot but nothing.... your command gives me an error...
The only difference between you and me is that I don't have PM 1.8 installed but this can't be the reason of the error!

mohtadi

Registered
hi gorski,

I have installed cccam after following your tutorial (post no. 10 I think) and it works but the resopnd is slow and I have two questions now:

- how to make cccam works faster ?
- what is better for Azbox, cccam or mgcamd ?

thank u