4:2:2 What Receivers?

bonou2

Registered
INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SINGLE 0.2dB LNB HDTV DVB-S2 BNIB (black and long):thum::thum::

best regards bonou2

ElNancio

Registered
INVERTO BLACK ULTRA SINGLE 0.2dB LNB HDTV DVB-S2 BNIB (black and long):thum::thum::

best regards bonou2

yep that for sure. You have a better gain in dB even if usually all LNB are declared as 0.2 rumor. Who didnt try this LNB says it cant be but for some reason some signals can be received with a 100cm dish instead a 120cm with this.
Somebody tried a test with the dual version and it seems you get even more gain (not tested by myself anycase)

ufeedo

Registered
I have tested stream from DM900 to Engel en1015k android box..
on Android from VLC Player via Local Network > DM900 mediaserver zap the 4:2:2 (8PSK) channel on Bouquet but Picture is slowly:(:mad:
16APSK or 4K feed not tested!
I get a better picture on high end Android Box Nvidia shield or beelink gt king pro hifi??:rolleyes::confused:

ParsianSat

Registered
Hi,

Currently, my laptop's sepcs are:

CPU: AMD E2-2000 Radeon HD Graphics. (I do know that that is weak)
RAM: 4GB DDR3

Besides, I also use TBS 5520SE. ATM, I'm unable to watch UHD channels. I've decided to upgrade my system.

It seems I can use up to 8 GB RAM in my laptop. Someone also told me that you may use external graphic card. I would want to ask you that whether I can watch UHD channels, let's say 4.2.0/4.2.2 or not???

If so, what external GPU do you suggest me to buy? Thank you in advance for you replies!

Last edited:

kebien

Registered
The idea goes around upgrading to a FASTER CPU,not the graphic card.It might be needed a new GPU but if the PC still not fast enough,nothing gained

ParsianSat

Registered
Thanks for your reply! Upgrading the RAM which directly works with CPU, can it result in better performance? Of course, with considering my current CPU, can I watch UHD 4.2.0!?

I deem that I should forget 4.2.2, but 4.2.0 is in my mind.

Ozan

VIP
4.2.2 video What reveviers

Hi brother
It is best for you to buy a satellite card that supports all the features:)

image.png

kebien

Registered
Easier to just use webif from any Enigma 2 receiver and playing it in VLC.(Octagon,Dreambox,VU)

Kodi seem like overkill because of setting up and navigation.
VLC plays automatically with a single click on webif.
Isn't the simpler way?

suny99

Registered
Easier to just use webif from any Enigma 2 receiver and playing it in VLC.(Octagon,Dreambox,VU)

Kodi seem like overkill because of setting up and navigation.
VLC plays automatically with a single click on webif.
Isn't the simpler way?

Can you run VLC on enigma2 device?

Point of this is that supposedly Octagon SF 8008 can ply 422 via kodi with it's internal server. And if that's working that's great. You don't have to stream it on your PC.

Now problem is that someone has to test HD 422 to see if it's played fluently without freezing. This one in their test is SD.

kebien

Registered
Can you run VLC on enigma2 device?

Point of this is that supposedly Octagon SF 8008 can ply 422 via kodi with it's internal server. And if that's working that's great. You don't have to stream it on your PC.

Now problem is that someone has to test HD 422 to see if it's played fluently without freezing. This one in their test is SD.

Of course there is VLC for enigma 2 devices.
But you present a scenario that I was not aware of : to play kodi internally in the engima2 receiver and play 4:2:2 internally,thing that I surely missed.....completely.
So,naturally,I apologize for overseeing the purpose of the post.
I wonder if Kodi player can also play 4:2:2 H264 also.
I'd like to find specs of Kodi video player first.

dvlajkovic

So far we have the following solutions to view 4:2:2 video:

• STBs that can do transcoding of 4:2:2 into 4:2:0,
  • streaming of 4:2:2 video from STB into PC and playing with VLC, MPC-HC, etc.
  • PC DVB-S2 cards and playing with VLC, MPC-HC, etc.
But, there is one more thing that is totally forgotten...

The TV :)

New generation TVs are capable of showing 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 vids.
Yes, they are.

Not all, but quite many of them.

Here is a list of Sony TVs: link.
Pay attention on the way TV needs to be connected in order to show 4:2:2 and 4:4:4.

And here are the other TVs that can do 4:2:2 and 4:4:4: link.
Pay attention that table of tested TVs can be enlarged by clicking underneath on the button "SHOW MORE (15/84)".
Make sure that TV is marked with "Yes" to support 4:4:4, otherwise you won't see 4:2:2 on it.

vakula

Super VIP
@dvlajkovic
Is there a link available for LG's.
If yes, please provide it here.
Thx and regards :)

C0der

Registered
Most likely yes.

About TVs:
The fact that the HDMI has enough bandwith for 4:4:4 does not mean the TV can decode it, I think.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Just found out it does.

Not sure how I would view 4.2.2 on it though.
Mind you, until I finish installing my new satellite equipment, I can't even try. Too windy today to be handing a large dish whilst up a ladder. :D