mvision HD200 combo: Is the sat decoder broken?

ivrahim

Registered
—————————————————————
Model name: HD 200 COMBO
Software version: Ver 03.34, LDR: Ver 00.01
Hardware version: Ver 01.00
Last update: Mar 17 2009
—————————————————————

Hi,

My partner Niamh had a sat receiver and we never used it.

This is the first time and I have not set the antenna as it is a part of the building.

We are temporary relocated to an apartment that has both digital tv and satellite antenna hub.

I have connected the receiver and did reset to factory defaults following to deleting all channels.

It seems that it only (at least from the tests I’ve done) connects to Astra (19.2E) and Astra 2A/2D (28.2E). They both connect to the same 12 channels. I tried with a different frequency that I found in a website (Astra -frequency - channel list) and I got 2 more.

I can’t not even see one of them. Nevertheless I can see subtitles, information about the channel, signal, information about the current program... but black screen. In other channels appear “scrambled channel”.

The digital tv aerial works fine.

Could anyone tell me if the sat decoder is broken?

Could anyone send me any of the following files:
- manual
- Firmware
- Connectivity RS232 and USB (management and/or firmware update): software and instructions
- Codes for scrambled channels? Do I need a card?

Any files / guidance is welcome.
Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
ivrahim

PS. We are mainly interested in Irish and UK channels as well as US, Spain, Aljazzera, independent news, documentaries, and of course movies and tv series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ivrahim

Registered
This is ivrahim again,

My most sincere apologies, there was a televes 5160 splitter installed and wothin the 2 inputs with sat+tdt one must be from either and old setup or a faulty one. Once I commerce the white cable to the resistance and the black cable were the white one was voila.

Stilll I need help with other subjects I asked for and mainly I’d like to watch scrambled channels using keys, do I need a smart card for that or would the receiver decrypt the channel with the keys stored in it? Sorry I have no idea how it works .

Thanks
Regards,
ivrahim

ivrahim

Registered
BTW now I get:
- Astra 19.2E: 199 channels
- Astra 28.2E: 74 channels
- Hotbird 13E: 16 channels
+ 6 radio

...still I neither receive the English nor the Irish ones, and I’ve even tried with the specific frequencies.

ivrahim

Registered
Obviously most of them are paid channels that’s why I’d like a chance with the free stuff because I can’t really afford it.