Man 'is five months pregnant'

Laur

Registered

A US man who used to be a woman is reportedly five months pregnant.
The Advocate magazine features a picture of Thomas Beatie with a man's beard and flat chest above his swollen stomach.
Mr Beatie, who was born a woman, describes himself as a "transgender male" in the piece which says his decision to have a child "has been met with discrimination and outright derision by health care professionals".
The article, entitled Labour of Love, appears in the most recent issue of the Los Angeles-based magazine for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender readers.
Mr Beatie says he went through a sex change but decided to have only chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy, stopping short of making any changes to the reproductive organs he was born with.
Mr Beatie is legally male and lives with his wife, Nancy, in Bend, Oregon. The couple, who have been together 10 years, wanted to have children.
Mrs Beatie was unable to conceive, so the couple decided Mr Beatie should try to carry a baby.
He stopped the hormone injections and his periods returned, he writes. After a year - and nine doctors - he was able to get pregnant using frozen donor sperm but the pregnancy was ectopic and required surgery.
But a second pregnancy was a success and the couple's daughter is due on 3 July, the article states.
Mr Beatie said: "How does it feel to be a pregnant man? Incredible. Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am.
"To Nancy, I am her husband carrying our child. I will be my daughter's father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family."
Neal Broverman, associate editor of The Advocate, confirmed to the Daily Telegraph that the magazine had spoken to his doctor to confirm he was indeed expecting.

dionysos

Registered

A US man who used to be a woman is reportedly five months pregnant.
The Advocate magazine features a picture of Thomas Beatie with a man's beard and flat chest above his swollen stomach.
Mr Beatie, who was born a woman, describes himself as a "transgender male" in the piece which says his decision to have a child "has been met with discrimination and outright derision by health care professionals".
The article, entitled Labour of Love, appears in the most recent issue of the Los Angeles-based magazine for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender readers.
Mr Beatie says he went through a sex change but decided to have only chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy, stopping short of making any changes to the reproductive organs he was born with.
Mr Beatie is legally male and lives with his wife, Nancy, in Bend, Oregon. The couple, who have been together 10 years, wanted to have children.
Mrs Beatie was unable to conceive, so the couple decided Mr Beatie should try to carry a baby.
He stopped the hormone injections and his periods returned, he writes. After a year - and nine doctors - he was able to get pregnant using frozen donor sperm but the pregnancy was ectopic and required surgery.
But a second pregnancy was a success and the couple's daughter is due on 3 July, the article states.
Mr Beatie said: "How does it feel to be a pregnant man? Incredible. Despite the fact that my belly is growing with a new life inside me, I am stable and confident being the man that I am.
"To Nancy, I am her husband carrying our child. I will be my daughter's father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family."
Neal Broverman, associate editor of The Advocate, confirmed to the Daily Telegraph that the magazine had spoken to his doctor to confirm he was indeed expecting.
here is the luck "guy" :D ;) :)