Season Passive 2 Interface from Interesting Devices Ltd

elkalu

Registered
Hi everyone :)

Right now, I don't have much interest in satellite, but I do have a lot of interest in using a season interface and it seems that you guys know quite a lot about it, so I hope to get some good advices here :-D

Here is my situation: I just received season interface from interesting devices ltd, however, unlike what I have read, there is no jumper allowing me to select between logger and emulator.

Does anyone have any input on that ?

isonone

Registered
I also I've bought one. At least it is adversertising as so.

Now. I'm just interested in sniffind the traffic between the card and the smart reader.

It works on some cards (those who has standard baud rates after ATR), but most of the other only garbage.

I've realize that I need something to reset the clock or modify the serial cable, but as a complete novice I don't know where to start.

My goal is not comunicate with a CAM, just sniff the traffic. How can I convert ISO7816 to RS232 with this board?

Any help, please.

snakie

Masare TEAM
take the cards atr,find the clock of the reader,calculate the data baud rate and you are ready to sniff.If the data baud rate is not multiple of 9600 you will need probably a usb to serial which can accept what we say as non standard baud.

isonone

Registered
That's the problem. Consider this ATR from an Atmel card:
3B 68 00 00 01 02 10 96 00 00 90 00

The TA bit is not set, so a PPS protocol exchange will occur. In this case (since I don't know the freq of my card reader) I guess it will be around 10.000bps.

So can someone recomend a modified usd to serial with drivers for windows or linux that support custom baud rates?
Or this season board is a waste of money?

isonone

Registered
SOLVED (well at least partially solved :) )

For those who might be interested in setting custom baud rates to match the speed between the card and the reader.

I don't know the speed of my card reader, the smart card don't tell me what speed to set in the ATR and the usb driver don't support custom baud rates (I’ve check the kernel driver source). What I did, maybe someone could explain it better:

1. Pick an old Toshiba laptop with a "real" com port.
2. Install a linux version (xubuntu 11.10)
3. Find the custom baud rate. This depends on the UART, card reader and the smart card.
4. Set the serial port with the app setserial

On my example:
Atmel card - ATR 3B B2 11 00 10 80 00 02 (no TA bit defined)
UART - 16550A
Card Reader - bid4id (don't know the freq)

I've found that I need a baud base of 110000bps, so, with root:
Code:
setserial /dev/ttyS0 baud_base 110000
setserial /dev/ttyS0 spdcust

With another card reader I need to set it to 96000 as baud base.

Not a perfect solution :mad: but it works.

reblin

Registered
You can give me some tips how to use the season2 interface. Do I need to log system with n * a * g * r * a3 and N * D * S. I am grateful.
SOLVED (well at least partially solved :) )

For those who might be interested in setting custom baud rates to match the speed between the card and the reader.

I don't know the speed of my card reader, the smart card don't tell me what speed to set in the ATR and the usb driver don't support custom baud rates (I’ve check the kernel driver source). What I did, maybe someone could explain it better:

1. Pick an old Toshiba laptop with a "real" com port.
2. Install a linux version (xubuntu 11.10)
3. Find the custom baud rate. This depends on the UART, card reader and the smart card.
4. Set the serial port with the app setserial

On my example:
Atmel card - ATR 3B B2 11 00 10 80 00 02 (no TA bit defined)
UART - 16550A
Card Reader - bid4id (don't know the freq)

I've found that I need a baud base of 110000bps, so, with root:
Code:
setserial /dev/ttyS0 baud_base 110000
setserial /dev/ttyS0 spdcust

With another card reader I need to set it to 96000 as baud base.

Not a perfect solution :mad: but it works.

isonone

Registered
I'm not an expert on this field, but if you just want to sniff the data between 2 smartcards readers, I've found that the best option is to use an arduino. Please also note, that even if you succed on sniff the data (not that hard), you still need to decrypt it and even if you do, there's always the DRM system (correct me if I'm wrong).

An arduino leonardo (for example) has 2 serial ports. One is used to communicated with the PC (virtual com) and the other is connected directly to the UART on the mic (atmega32u4).

With something like this simple code you can sniff everything, just adjust the baud rate:

Code:
void setup() {

while (!Serial) {
    ;
    }
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Ready");
  Serial1.begin(10752,SERIAL_8N2);
}

void loop() {
  if (Serial1.available() > 0) {
      incomingByte = Serial1.read();
      Serial.print(incomingByte, HEX);
   }
}

Notice: You have Serial and Serial1 objects and Serial1 was inited with 10752bps (in my case 4Mhz crystal to 1 ETU, 372).

I have another problem. Every time I insert the card (with a dummy smartcard or with season2) on my setup box card reader, it will reboot on loop.

Does anyone know why?

Thanks