Miser ordered to buy wife 124,000 roses

Laur

Registered
Miser ordered to buy wife 124,000 roses

A miserly man has been ordered by a court to buy his neglected wife 124,000 red roses.
Etemad newspaper reports that the woman - known only by her first name, Hengameh - decided to claim her mahr, or dowry, after ten years of marriage as a way of punishing her husband's tight grip on the purse-strings.
"Shortly after marriage I realised that Shahin was very cheap. He even refused to pay for my coffee if we went to a cafe or restaurant," she said.
A long-stemmed rose in the Islamic Republic costs a little over £1 - and the order will cost him an estimated £134,000.
Under law mahr, offered by the man to the woman at the time of marriage, can be claimed at any time during married life or divorce proceedings.
Most common offerings are gold coins or property, sometimes up to hundreds of thousands of pounds in value.
Authorities have seized Hengameh's husband's apartment - worth around £32,500 - until he has bought her all 124,000 roses.
The husband denies the accusations of thriftiness, claiming that he can only afford five roses a day, he complained that it was "her billionaire friends who had put such ideas in her head."

Last edited:

Laur

Registered
Hello poppoy

First of all I thank you for coming here and read what I post. Now this news is not written by me but could be found on the internet news , for public. In my opinion the news never offended the country in which this happened. To be fair to you I edited my post and left out the name of the place where it happened. If such laws are there to protect women then they should be obeyed . I could not see your point of view as the post itself has no offence to no one. Please let me know if you find something offensive as I always try not to post any news that could offend anyone.

poopoy

Thank you dear mate for nice reply and it shows that you did it in a right way.

May I say sth about it in my point of view:
Althogh that is not a bad law to protect women and the news itself could be correct and really happened but expressing such things could make sb thinks that all the marriages in that country are like what you told and the scene of men and women in that place becoming changed in a wrong way, thats what I mean.

once again I should thank you for every thing and I do not mean that your posts are in a way that may offend any one.