Transfer config files from DM500 S to VU+ Uno

BadBlake

Registered
I am a newbie so I don't know how to do much with these tuners yet.
The thing is.. I have a DM 500 S that has MGCamd 1.14 on it.I have had it for about 3 years now and it works just fine..
I then bought the UNO because I wanted HD and all the other things it offers.
So what I want to do is -if possible -transfer the configuration files from my DM 500 to my UNO, so it will work the same way as the DM500.
Is this possible?

Can I maybe install MGCamd on the UNO and edit the configuration files, or just overwrite them so they are identical to those on the DM500?

Is it possible to do? Will it work?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
yes save your config files to your pc from the 500, then on the Vu+Uno install MgCamd then ftp your old config files back across,just check the folders they go to because E1 & E2 boxes are slightly different.:thum:

BadBlake

Registered
yes save your config files to your pc from the 500, then on the Vu+Uno install MgCamd then ftp your old config files back across,just check the folders they go to because E1 & E2 boxes are slightly different.:thum:

So they go in a different folder on the Uno? Another problem arises.. Where to put them?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
for instance if anything goes in var/etc on 500 it goes in etc on uno,any files that need to go in keys i think its the same var/keys on both boxes,if anything needs to go in tuxbox,on uno its etc/tuxbox

i dont use mgcamd so i dont know what files it uses

i am using the latest blackhole lite images without the hbbTV on both my uno's a very nice image and easy to use epg,backups etc!

BadBlake

Registered
for instance if anything goes in var/etc on 500 it goes in etc on uno,any files that need to go in keys i think its the same var/keys on both boxes,if anything needs to go in tuxbox,on uno its etc/tuxbox

i dont use mgcamd so i dont know what files it uses

i am using the latest blackhole lite images without the hbbTV on both my uno's a very nice image and easy to use epg,backups etc!

I just got this tuner and I also have the BH 1.7.8 lite image. speaking of backup....do you know how to take a systems backup, or files backup(not image)?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
just press menu and use either the first or second option full backup will back up everything personal backup will back up your settings ie channel lists bouqettes,plugins any configs you have like mgcamd.config.

you must have a usb stick mounted then set the backup path to media/usb and save,then do a backup of what you prefer.

BadBlake

Registered
just press menu and use either the first or second option full backup will back up everything personal backup will back up your settings ie channel lists bouqettes,plugins any configs you have like mgcamd.config.

you must have a usb stick mounted then set the backup path to media/usb and save,then do a backup of what you prefer.

Thank you for all your help. Just one more question -when I go to the Blue panel on my DM500, it says MGCamd 1.14. When I press the right arrow key, it says MGCamd / Ronald CS, and when I press the right arrow key again it says MGCamd 1.14 / NewCS 1.17. What does this mean exactly? Excuse me, but I am totally new to all this. Stupid question probably..

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
them are just different config files for MgCamd when it first come out you wont see them on your uno so take no notice of them.

plus that version of MgCamd you are using on your 500 is a very early version