'FIFA 10' patch coming this week

mohammed tanko

Super VIP

Thursday, October 15 2009,

Gaming Report

A patch for FIFA 10 will be arriving this week.

Server disconnections with the title are currently becoming worked on for Game Face and Live Seasons issues, which are mainly attributed to initial high demand for the game soon after release, according to Eurogamer.

The higher level of PS3 disconnections were due to using the PSN 'Rich Presence' code that can overload if too many friends are playing the same game at once. The patch will help resolve this issue.

A Manager Mode update will also address the AI selling players without asking, as well as other stability issues.

EA was keen to stress that the gameplay will not be affected by any updates over the next few weeks.

mohammed tanko

Super VIP
XXXXXXX number plate man gets $19k fines

Wednesday, October 21 2009,

Entertainment Report

An American man has received $19,000 (£11,500) of parking fines intended for unknown vehicles in one area because his personalised number plate reads XXXXXXX.

Scottie Roberson of Huntsville received the notices from the authorities in Birmingham, Alabama, despite only visiting the city once five years ago, The Birmingham Times reports.

City officials told Roberson that he received the fines, up to ten a day for ten different places, because when a ticket is issued for an unknown number plate officials use seven Xs on their forms.

Roberson said: "Whenever I call, nobody seems to want to help me. One woman said not to worry about it because they didn't have the manpower to come arrest me."

Birmingham traffic engineer Gregory Dawkins added: "Maybe we need to go with nine Xs, or maybe we just need to leave that part blank altogether."

Roberson chose the unusual plate number because of his 'Racer X' nickname as a former custom car builder and because seven is his lucky number.