dreambox stream m3u help.

sitja

Registered
Hi guys how are you all today.... I have been trying for the last week to set up vlc to stream but no straight forward success, i plan to access my channels from different network so i can stream away from home. I have tried many tutorials but didnt achieve my goal yet, i can stream on my home network using programs like dreamview and dream streamer just cannot directly use vlc by opening web interface clicking the vlc tab and stream from the downloaded m3u file. I can manage to get vlc on a temporary base though by using dreamview and selecting the stream tab and then selecting "edit stream data" and i can access the vlc mrl then and can copy and paste that then in the vlc player and will play that channel but obviously changing channel means im going to loose it then so thats no good.

I have managed to find a tutorial which has almost worked down to a tee accept for final part- hope its ok to post link to it- just want to make sure its an acceptable method of doing it, so let me know if anyone has done it this way****************************>http://satspain.blogspot.com/2009/01/streaming-how-to-for-dream-box.html

Everything seemed in order step by step for me accept the part you create m3u file, it says just put static/dydns in there save and associate with vlc, open and off it goes but thats the part that fails me.. here is example how i created my m3u file********

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,mydydns.kicks-ass.net:8080
C:\Documents and Settings\I\Mystream.m3u

Im not quite sure if this is right so could be problem so if that is formatted wrong and someone knows correct way please let me know. hope to here back soon thanks guys.