Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Tv Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Technomate M3 & M4 on 15W

Satellite Tv Chat

Old 23-06-2021, 18:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Smile Technomate M3 & M4 on 15W

Hello,

I have just got the latest Technomate M4 receiver. I updated the software with the latest patch from June 21 this year.

I have a dish pointing at 15W, and get a strong signal. However, when I try to watch the ESPN 901 and ESPN 902 channels, the M4 keeps stating that the channels are scrambled.

Interestingly I also have an older Technomate M3 receiver with the most up to date patch on the M3. The patch allows me to view ESPN 901 and ESPN 902 on the older M3.

Is there a step or sequence of steps that I am missing using the M4?
The steps that makes the M3 work on these channels is not working on the M4.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 24-06-2021, 13:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 2,465 Times in 1,019 Posts

Latest keys will help, it should auto update on the M4, try leaving for 5 mins, or do a key update online via the apps section in menu

Latest keys here
https://www.sat-universe.com/showthr...=257760&page=8
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
barney115 (24-06-2021), Ferret (24-06-2021), kippysat (24-06-2021)
Old 24-06-2021, 13:39  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Hi Manic01,

Thank you for replying, it is greatly appreciated.

Should I leave the existing patch from 21st June on the M4
or load another one and also perform the steps you have outlined?

PS: Is it possible for me to do what you advise with a USB stick?

Thanks.
Old 24-06-2021, 13:53  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

latest patch works fine, autupdate should work on 15w but if it doesnt try updating the keys either manually or try the online way on the receiver
Menu- apps and update online
Should automatically open them or auto biss update them.
Try leaving on the espn channel and see if updating biss key message comes up.
You could try factory reset to see if that helps as it can after a patch update.
Keeps us up todate with how you get on.

First save your channels on usb stick and you can also go

Factory reset-save channels as default, this will store them in the receiver then you can reinstall if needed, factorey reset- default channels

Last edited by manic01; 24-06-2021 at 14:07..
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
kippysat (24-06-2021)
Old 24-06-2021, 14:17  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Smile

Thanks.

OK, so I have used the online software update and as you said it has updated the software with the latest BISS keys.

I placed the channel on ESPN 902 and now the M4 is cycling through each key line trying each BISS key and reporting a message...

"updating BISS key, please wait..."

1 or 2 mins later the following message appears...

"scramble channel"

then the cycle starts again of updating a BISS key....

Now, before this started, I checked the BISS key menu and found the
latest keys for ESPN 901 and EPSN 902 are located at index positions
25 and 26.

Hence, my logic tells me that I must be patient and wait for the updating process to go from 1, 2, through to 25 and 26, and then
hopefully the correct key will be recognised.

Thus, the process could take 30mins to 60mins or so.

As I write this, it has been going for 10mins...

Now that I think about it, maybe I should have edited the BISS key lines and placed the latest ESPN keys at index positions 1 and 2.

Anyway, this is great stuff, I will keep you updated on progress and
results.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to kippysat For This Useful Post:
manic01 (24-06-2021)
Old 24-06-2021, 15:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Any luck, maybe turn on/off at mains for a min.
Old 24-06-2021, 17:16  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Smile

Hey,

OK, so results are mixed and thus confusing.

The updating of BISS keys process ran for over 90 mins and did not work.

I then decided to manually edit the BISS editor and the Patch editor to
add both of the keys at index positions 1 and 2.
I also noticed that the updated software had the incorrect transponder
id, symbol rate and SID.

So I changed/edited that manually based on the current LyngSat and King Of Sat information for the channels on 15W.

Then I switched the M4 on and waited for 1 min, then switched it back on again. Essentially, hard reboot.

To my delight ESPN 901 was found and is now showing perfectly with strong signal.

However, ESPN 902 is still not showing. That is extremely frustrating
and confusing.

Why does one channel show and not the other when both correct key settings are present?

What do you think?
Old 24-06-2021, 19:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thats a strange one, will ask question of TM.
Old 24-06-2021, 19:21  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Where did you edit the incorrect transponder
id, symbol rate and SID. So others will know.
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
kippysat (24-06-2021)
Old 24-06-2021, 19:49  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 9,178 Times in 3,205 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippysat View Post
Hey,

OK, so results are mixed and thus confusing.

The updating of BISS keys process ran for over 90 mins and did not work.

I then decided to manually edit the BISS editor and the Patch editor to
add both of the keys at index positions 1 and 2.
I also noticed that the updated software had the incorrect transponder
id, symbol rate and SID.

So I changed/edited that manually based on the current LyngSat and King Of Sat information for the channels on 15W.

Then I switched the M4 on and waited for 1 min, then switched it back on again. Essentially, hard reboot.

The same situation exist with the TM5302HD

To my delight ESPN 901 was found and is now showing perfectly with strong signal.

However, ESPN 902 is still not showing. That is extremely frustrating
and confusing.

Why does one channel show and not the other when both correct key settings are present?

What do you think?
The same situation exists with the TM5302HD only able to view ESPN-901 & it was never corrected