CSA_B8hxFFh V2 - WD Blue 6TB

FaDeL®

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi I need help

I tried to download the parts of the table B8hx30000h but several links are no longer active!

I decided to try to create the table!

Can you help me how to do it? I tried to understand by reading several posts on the subject. But, I was not successful!

Thank you for your help!

About V2
Don't create new RBC2, RBC3, RBC4 chain files, because no update to the ChainAuthor.map is planned.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
You could recreated the v2 table by rebuilding & injecting all the published prefixes, but it will take one person years. If you think you could increase the coverage of v2, forget it: as well as being effectively disabled by Colibri declining to update the signed ChainAuthor.map, the v2 tables had pretty much reached a plateau anyway - of all new chains made, far too many are rejected because of the no shared-end6 rule / table structure.

Sky Scanner

Registered
You could recreated the v2 table by rebuilding & injecting all the published prefixes, but it will take one person years. If you think you could increase the coverage of v2, forget it: as well as being effectively disabled by Colibri declining to update the signed ChainAuthor.map, the v2 tables had pretty much reached a plateau anyway - of all new chains made, far too many are rejected because of the no shared-end6 rule / table structure.

I have a quick question if you don't mind. I have downloaded and unpacked all the v2 tables. They are all on my 6 TB HD. Do I need to load these tables to the ChainAuthor.map that I downloaded from Colibri?

Thank you.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
You need all downloaded tables, path to those unzipped fragments specified in the v2 tool *and* the latest ChainAuthor.map likewise configured.

The .map has no function other than to "unlock/enable" end6 ranges for searching & credit the chain authors. Figure out the v2 table structure & you can write your own tools to search the table without that restriction.

Sky Scanner

Registered
I have read the forum multiple times and I still don't know if I have to merge the rainbow tables in V2?

In Colibri's instructions on page 9, it states that we must add chain files to the RBT and merge them. Since there are no more chain files being added by Colibri anymore, is this step necessary?

When I read the forum I am told to skip this step and just name the table as in step 17.

I did this, and I get the "stopped" message in the search CW settings.

I appreciate all help.

campag5242

Feed Hunter
Ignore that Colibri page 9 instruction which you mention: we can no longer create our own v2 tables, or extend the public ones. Instead, download all public tables for your target plain type & unzip them to a folder. Then use the "Name" icon on the RBT Tool main window to tell the tool where each is stored.

Likewise you need to click the "Chain Author" and "GPU" buttons to configure those. Plus get the server up & running on a machine local or other.

There may be other steps: I had to re-download the tool to check, and did not proceed to get the tool fully working.