ViX4E2PROJECT Opticum AX-ODIN - v1.0 Build 005

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor

vix4e2logo.jpg

ViX4E2PROJECT Version 1.0 Build 005

System OE: OE-Alliance 2.3
Distro: ViX4E2PROJECT
Firmware version: 1.0.005

The main goal over recent week for my ViX4E2PROJECT has been to create an image that fully functions and is stable on the receivers supported but at the same time contains all the functions we generally want without the need to constantly re-flash every week to keep up to date - i.e. an image that works and IS maintained without to much effort required from the end user. I hope that with Build 005 I've achieved what I've set out to do and for that reason rather than work on the core image I am going to divert more attention to the maintaining side of things by way off addons and plugins, video and how to guides for various things to be placed on our new Information Channels feature (with the help of my trusty colleagues!) and I am thinking probably some kind of FAQs text guide to highlight some of the thing this image can really do, along with a backup firmware to accompany the stock images to help those out less familiar with Enigma2 setup and get them on their way - This in no way means there will be no new builds for ViX4E2PROJECT, in fact far from it, but rather than build new images just for the sake of it and ask users to reflash again and again I will concentrate more on developing the things around the images that make it what it is! Of course if and when the time arrives we need a brand new build then of course that's what we'll have, but for now as I hope I have reached a level where the image really does all that is intended and we can focus a bit more on teaching and enhancing what we already have! :)

What's new in this build
ADD INFORMATION CHANNELS - Direct access to our YouTube channel from within the Information Menu (Menu > Information > Information Channels), for future video guides and information played directly through your receiver! Check out our 'ALIENS HAVE LANDED' video as a test!

ADD NEW PICONS FEED - With the demise of the ocram server but release of his script to generate picons I have put this in place for future use and hope to add regular picon updates for direct download from the ViX4E2PROJECT plugins server - Many thanks for ocram for the release of his script to enable us to all benefit from this

Complete online image flash, backup and restore options are available - meaning you can update to the very latest version, keep your settings and all without the need to leave your chair! (see below)

Set third tuner to DVB-C by default (Amiko Alien 2 / Alien 2+ models only)

Small cosmetic changes for ViX4E2PROJECT branding and similar

DOWNLOAD USB UPDATE FOR OPTICUM AX-ODIN HERE

AVAILABLE AS ONLINE DOWNLOAD/FLASH DIRECT FROM THE RECEIVER MENU
Blue Button > ViX4E2PROJECT > Image Manager > Downloads

YOU ARE ALSO ABLE TO BACKUP EXISTING SETTINGS FROM VERSION 002 ONWARDS WITH THE OPTION TO RESTORE TO THE NEW VERSION IMAGES EITHER AT FIRST BOOTUP AS PART OF THE SETUP WIZARD (just perform the backup, flash the new image and you'll be given the option to restore during the setup wizard) OR LATER THROUGH THE BUILT IN RESTORE MENU OPTION
Blue Button > ViX4E2PROJECT > Backup Manager > Restore

IF USING THE ONLINE FLASH OR BACKUP OPTIONS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A USB STICK INSERTED INTO THE RECEIVER SO THERE IS SOMEWHERE TO STORE THEM!

ViX4E2PROJECT DOWNLOAD CENTRE AND BUG REPORTS/FEATURES REQUESTS HERE