How to reset Passwd on Vu

Robsat

Registered
Any one could help me and tell me how to reset Passwd on Vu when one forget it and brings it back to dreambox(passwd). Help would be apprecaited.Thx. I tried to find Tuxcom on addon Manager but no Luck.

diablo

Registered
Any one could help me and tell me how to reset Passwd on Vu when one forget it and brings it back to dreambox(passwd). Help would be apprecaited.Thx. I tried to find Tuxcom on addon Manager but no Luck.

do you have TSPanel installed you can reset in with that

plugins/TSPanel/System Tools/Password Reset

Robsat

Registered
Thanks friend for your reply and that works ok. The problem is that he has no TSpanel installed.I cannot fined it. Still I want to thank you for trying to help me but I think they have uninstalled it cause he has TSmedia. Many thx mate

Robsat

Registered
Thanks mate but the password changer one has to give it the old pass and than the new pass. I don`t know the old pass. I have to find a way to make it opened or back to dreambox. Any way thanks for trying to help. There use to be a Tuxcom plugin to bring it back to Dreambox. Still would even need how to enter in the ssh on the HD to change the command.

remax96

Registered
Thanks mate but the password changer one has to give it the old pass and than the new pass. I don`t know the old pass. I have to find a way to make it opened or back to dreambox. Any way thanks for trying to help. There use to be a Tuxcom plugin to bring it back to Dreambox. Still would even need how to enter in the ssh on the HD to change the command.
Don´t install password reset,but setpassword.After install,menu sitem change root pasword.Work perfect.

Last edited:

Robsat

Registered
The big problem that I have is that a friend of mine has a Vu-mini and this for sure is a clone cause the Original is Vu-Zero. Now to add and arrange it for him. I can start from the beginning but I don`t know which Firmware to use on it, Zero or solo. On the information There is no which is which except Black Hole 2.0.9

Robsat

Registered
Don´t install password reset,but setpassword.After install,menu sitem change root pasword.Work perfect.

@remax96 I have uninstalled passwd changer and install setpassword and I couldn`t find it in the Menu/System any other help please.

radja1

Registered
I know on old Enigma1 receivers addon-plugin named Tuxbox or something like that. Try found that for you.

Послато са 6037K користећи Тапаток 2

Robsat

Registered
I know on old Enigma1 receivers addon-plugin named Tuxbox or something like that. Try found that for you.

@radja1, thanks mate for your interest. Yes there is Tuxcom for dreambox DM500s and it works but I need one for the HD Enigima 2. Thank you again mate for trying to help

Robsat

Registered
is your box mounted to the laptop or pc

My box is always connected via network to my PC and Laptop but it is because I have the passwd. It is my friends Vu which I don`t have a passwd and could not add him some more Plugins

radja1

Registered
Robsat, how many time you have that receiver and model?
VU+ receivers original not have password on start. Only if someone add later password.
Try connect to receiver without password, dont type anything and see whats happened and tell us here.

Last edited: