The first & last letter + meaning

ararat

elaborate

adj.
Planned or executed with painstaking attention to numerous parts or details.
Intricate and rich in detail.

v.tr.
To work out with care and detail; develop thoroughly.
To produce by effort; create.

v.intr.
To become elaborate.
To express at greater length or in greater detail: asked me to elaborate on my proposal.

ararat

telephone

An instrument that converts voice and other sound signals into a form that can be transmitted to remote locations and that receives and reconverts waves into sound signals.

To speak by telephone (usually with a human person, but sometimes even with an animal, e.g. dog:D) .

ararat

true

The opposite of untrue :D

Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous

unieno

Registered
teak

= Hard strong durable yellowish-brown wood of teak trees; resistant to insects and to warping; used for furniture and in shipbuilding

= Tall East Indian timber tree now planted in western Africa and tropical America for its hard durable wood

ararat

kindergarten

A program or class for four-year-old to six-year-old children that serves as an introduction to school.

ararat

kite

1. A light framework covered with cloth, plastic, or paper, designed to be flown in the wind at the end of a long string.
2. Any of the light sails of a ship that are used only in a light wind.
3. Any of various predatory birds of the hawk family Accipitridae, having a long, often forked tail and long pointed wings.
4. a. A piece of negotiable paper representing a fictitious financial transaction and used temporarily to sustain credit or raise money.
b. A bank check drawn on insufficient funds to take advantage of the time interval required for collection.
c. A bank check that has been fraudulently altered to show a larger amount.

unieno

Registered
kerb

= An edge between a pavement and a roadway consisting of a line of curbstones (usually forming part of a gutter)

ararat

backup

A reserve or substitute. A copy of a program or file that is stored separately from the original.
--
Support or backing. A background accompaniment, as for a performer (music ).
--
An overflow or accumulation caused by clogging or by a stoppage: a backup in the sink; a backup of traffic at the drawbridge.

ararat

Explantion: The underlined letters (which you chose, terval:)) are the ones I already had to use from unienos posting above mine.
The fat red letters (backup = The first and last letter + meaning) in my posting would have been the ones for your posting. Words possible like: ballpen, pinball, abamp, etc..

Doesn´t matter:) - I will go on with your example.
basket (not basket)

----- So I need a word with b + t in it (unimportant at which position in the word - Bobtail, Talbot, robot, abort, beetle, etc.
Underlining only shows, that we correctly used the the letters from posted word above. So I will underline b+t, but colour fat+red the start and end of my new word - colour is never used in the middle of a word.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bastion
(next posted word needs letters b + n - I sometimes get confused myself, too;))

1. A projecting part of a fortification.
2. A well-fortified position.
3. One that is considered similar to a defensive stronghold: You are a bastion of strength

Last edited:

unieno

Registered
Welcome to the game,Terval.Thank you Atarat.

bronco

= An unbroken or imperfectly broken mustang

ararat

abort

To terminate (a pregnancy) by abortion.
To terminate (an undertaking or procedure) before implementation or completion: abort the launch of a rocket; abort a computer program.
To stop the progress of (a disease, for example).
To miscarry.
To cease growth before full development or maturation.
To terminate an operation or procedure before implementation or completion.

unieno

Registered
harp

= a chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck
= a small rectangular free-reed instrument having a row of free reeds set back in air holes and played by blowing into the desired hole