Vu+ OK with powervu?

vhfuhf

Registered
I just bought a solo se v2 thinking that it does powervu .... Looks like it is based on a stream relay... What is that means?

Does it mean that every channel will be streamed to itself?

Should I return this vu+ nd buy a dreambox?

I only want pvu nothing else... Did I do a bad purchase?

heracle

Registered
I just bought a solo se v2 thinking that it does powervu .... Looks like it is based on a stream relay... What is that means?

Does it mean that every channel will be streamed to itself?

Should I return this vu+ nd buy a dreambox?

I only want pvu nothing else... Did I do a bad purchase?

At Dreambox working without streamrelay. Fast and stable 9e, 4,8E, 1W, 4W.My box is DB500HD-original. At clone boxes i have success at sim 2.01 only.
OSCam: 1.20-unstable_svn Build: r11075

dOOds

Registered
VU+ Work fine at 4 west without stream relay..Serjoga said wait for an oscam update for VU+...Me too have a solo2..works lovely 4W.

vhfuhf

Registered
Do u know anything about pv with solo se v2? Is it supporting now without stream relay?

I totally understand that dreambox is perfect... But how about the vu? Is it stable as well?

dOOds

Registered
VU+ is VU+ regardless of what model..they all only work on 4 West without stream relay..other sats you must use stream relay..SIMPLES!!

vhfuhf

Registered
It's probably a matter of time to have this working on all SATs...

Maybe I should hold on to the vu+ receiver

dOOds

Registered
i would think cpu would work a lot harder with stream relay...it the different powerVU used on those sats...4 west is slightly different i believe..please someone clarify this.

dOOds

dOOds

Registered
4 West Channels

Cinemax Internationl-HBO Comedy Hungary/Czech-HBO Comedy-HBO 2-Cinemax International-Cinemax 2 International-HBO Hungary-HBO Comedy-HBO Poland

joeuser

Registered
4W HBO package uses CSA instead of DES, that is why it is possible on some boxes with some images(vu+,alien2).
But, keys are down now...

vhfuhf

Registered
4W HBO package uses CSA instead of DES, that is why it is possible on some boxes with some images(vu+,alien2).

My understanding is that in stream relay you need to configure each channel for streaming ... this is alot of work ... so scanning a channel and having the proper keys in softcam does not open the channel ... this is my understanding...

with the dreamboxes all you need is a softcam file and scan the channels...

so from an end user ... vu+ is alot more work .... please correct if I am wrong...

vhfuhf

Registered

How can I easily tell if they are using CSA or DES? it is written in Colibris document ... but I can't still distinguish ....

Last edited:

joeuser

Registered
No easy way to tell, but if it is not reported somewhere as being CSA you can assume it is DES. CSA is not common.

vhfuhf

Registered
Definitely disappointed on the VU+... hopefully there will be a fix soon on OSCAM to support the vu+ without stream relay... this process is very time consuming...

joeuser

Registered
You could write a script if there are so many channels. Start with something like "grep -B2 -i C:0e00 /etc/enigma2/lamedb" which will give you the service info and name of all the powervu channels.

vhfuhf

Registered
You could write a script if there are so many channels. Start with something like "grep -B2 -i C:0e00 /etc/enigma2/lamedb" which will give you the service info and name of all the powervu channels.

Doing this for 1000 channels... I rather save the time and get the dreambox 800hd se...

joeuser

Registered
I guess you don't understand what a script is?? Do it once and be done with it. But it is your choice what is best for you. Nothing is free, even pirates/thieves have to do at least some work. :)

vhfuhf

Registered
I guess you don't understand what a script is?? Do it once and be done with it. But it is your choice what is best for you. Nothing is free, even pirates/thieves have to do at least some work. :)

What I mean is that even running the script and having all pids in one shot I still need to configure each channel line by line correct?

In my opinion it is much easier to scan the channels and starts working ...

will the softcam.key works if I leave the srvid = 0000?

unless I am missing something here ...

joeuser

Registered
I just gave you the main part of a script - if you write a complete script. it could automatically find all the channels (line I gave) and parse the info to create a userbouquet with the other necessary info.

Yes, of course that is easier, just more expensive option. :)

No, OSEmu/oscam-emu does not try every key on the file, only matching sid. Although, if you have multiple keys with the same sid, it will try each of them.