Guidance on which oscam to select

deepthort

Registered
Hi,

I have a Mutant HD51 and a zgemma H7S. I also have a sub with someone for some clines which have worked OK for some time in the Mutant.

I recently updated the oscam in both to a flavour of the latest version (oscam-svn11681-something-or-other) and both kind of work, but with quite a lot of glitching/stop-start, especially on BT Sport but also a bit on other sports channels(which is why I did the update in the first place). The download plugin route gives a quite old version of oscam which doesn't work any better.

Could somebody who has better knowledge please tell me:

1) Which version and variety of the "something or other" would be best for these two boxes? They are both 4K if that's significant. The otherwise helpful listing of versions doesn't mention either box or make.

2) Should I be using a .deb or .ipk file to install a new version? I actually used .ipk for the upgrade mentioned, maybe that is the root of the problem??

3) Last,what is the significance of the files oscam.server and oscam.svrid? Should these be changed/reset when updating version?

Grateful for any advice...many thanks, Martin

deepthort

Registered
Many thanks for your kind help.

I now understand that it should be a ipk file to upgrade my boxes, but I'm still wondering if there is a general problem with the channels I mentioned or if it's just my own incompetent setting up?

I should have mentioned before maybe, but it's a VIX image I have, but I'm quite comfortable with the process to upgrade either with the box's plugins download facility (when available) or by the VIX "install local extension" system. It's just that there seems to be such a wide range of different versions of each version that it becomes somewhat confusing!

Both my boxes have an ARM processor, so do they both use the same oscam? I saw one version somewhere that specifically mentioned "HD51" in the filename but couldn't get it to work in the Mutant. May be just my error, of course...

Anyway, thanks again for your help
Martin

Richy1

Registered
Can someone give me some guidance - as a newbie to this. I have used a Spiderbox before with CAM, but now have a VU+ Duo and have installed OSCAM EMU. Which config files should I install and where to on root exactly (is it \etc\tuxbox ?) to get the "best" results ? Thanks !