Technomate TM 5402 HD - Recording function on iptv

Toutatis

Registered
Hello,

On my Technomate TM5402 HD M3, I have got the phantompatch 147.
I use it regularly to listen webradio stations.
I can add manually many radio stations on my own iptv list.
But when I try to record them, I have this error message: "not supported protocol"
I tried with an external hard disc and an USB stick. I tried to format in FAT, FAT32 and NTFS, same failure.
The original recording function (on TV and radios by satellite) is working well.
But why not when using the iptv list?
Many thanks in advance.

Toutatis

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
Technomate TM 5402 HD IS VERY OLD BOX Now and support ended Years ago , recording IPTV Playlists was never a feature that was introduced in this old box and likely never will be since it will not ever see another update again .

You be better off with a modern box like Virak which is Android and supports satellite too with USB connections to record IPTV/Satellite etc..
Good luck : )

Toutatis

Registered
The last patch is from 2017.
Yes, of course, nowadays 3 years is very old!
So, in comparision, I don't say my age ;)
But that not explain this error message.

I have no intention to buy a new satellite receiver, only for listening web radios. I receive the same stations on my mobile.
But the Technomate is better when the Internet connection is fair, and I want to enjoy it as long as it works.

Greetings.

manic01

Super VIP
The last patch is from 2017.
Yes, of course, nowadays 3 years is very old!
So, in comparision, I don't say my age ;)
But that not explain this error message.

I have no intention to buy a new satellite receiver, only for listening web radios. I receive the same stations on my mobile.
But the Technomate is better when the Internet connection is fair, and I want to enjoy it as long as it works.

Greetings.
It is an internet stream you are trying to record and it does not have that option so is not possible
It can only record from a tuner for tv/radio.
There will be no more support for any TM satellite products as in patches etc as they are not in the satellite business any more, though they still sell many other quality products.

Last edited:

Toutatis

Registered
Thanks for your replies.
In fact, I can record the internet stream of several webradio stations found via the original radio menu.
But some stations are impossible to find with this function. And I can't add manually stations ip in this menu.
For that, I created an iptv list and have written manually their ip address.
It's only in that case that I can't record. I can access to the function with the recording key, the hard drive is detected, but after pressing OK, the error message appears.