Go Back   Sat Universe > Smartcards > Card Files > Other Cards

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

K3 card virginiser - tester wanted

Other Cards

Old 06-11-2014, 17:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default K3 card virginiser - tester wanted

I'm currently writing a winexplorer script to virginize a 7272c K3 card back to original bootloader.

I'm looking for someone to test the script.

I know it does not work on the 6464c K3 copies. However, it SHOULD work on the original K3 (7272c with hologram).

If you have one of these old cards (which are now useless) and would like to risk it, (the script may kill the card) let me know.

If your K3 card does not have the hologram, then it is likely to be 6464c and the script will kill it. Therefore, only 7272c K3 cards are needed for the test.

TIA
The Following User Says Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:
toysoft (18-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have this card, this virginiser test for what is used?
What can we do with after this test ?
Old 07-11-2014, 12:52  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

At the moment the K3 card is only good for ice-scraping.

If the script works you will end up with a virgin AT90SC7272c card. You can then load an alternative OS of your choice and use it for experimentation.

If it does not work, you will end up with an ice-scraper but will also have helped the community progress our knowledge of the K3 OS.

The chances of success are about 50/50.

To run the script you need a phoenix type card programmer and a basic knowledge of using WinExplorer.
toysoft (18-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 14:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have analized the card and it is white without hologram, only white. That means I will destroy it.. Is it possible to find another way ?
Old 07-11-2014, 15:12  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hello what thé bouquet thanks
Old 07-11-2014, 19:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperl59 View Post
I have analized the card and it is white without hologram, only white. That means I will destroy it.. Is it possible to find another way ?
We are attempting to find a way for both cards. My test on the K3 copy 6464c card (which it looks like you have) resulted in a dead card. The first step is to find a way for the original K3 7272c. Once that is done we can then look at the 6464c cards.

However, it may be that no way can be found. Especially, if we do not get a volunteer to help with the testing.
toysoft (18-11-2014)
Old 07-11-2014, 20:28  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 95,913 Times in 19,599 Posts

Is there a way to tell in CAS3 programmer what card it is ??
i think i might have correct card with hologram
i will check tonight im not home untill 9pm tho'
i know i have old Opos card and Cerebro cards and im sure i had a K3 Card too which really only lasted a very short time if i recall correct maybbe a month on Premier DE and D+ Spain ?
its been pretty much dead ever since so wont matter to me if i kill it even a bit more ..lol's
i'll post back here at 9pm tonight when i get back home doing some overtime @ work tonight im afraid and it suxs ! .
cheers
--
Barney2222
Old 07-11-2014, 20:38  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

No way to tell from ATR. They both are EE EF EF EE when they have no application loaded.

AFAIAA the only way to tell the original 7272c card is if it has the hologram.

You're right your card is already effectively dead. It may be totally dead after the test (nothing to lose!) but it will confirm if the script works or not.

I already know it does not work on the copy K3 6464c cards but that may be because the OS was not ported correctly by the copy team. Only the test will confirm and I do not have an original card to do it myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 007.4 For This Useful Post:
GasheadHarry (09-01-2015), toysoft (18-11-2014)
Old 09-11-2014, 14:44  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I have such a card with hologram and a serial programmer. But I no longer have a working computer with a serial port. I can probably rebuild one from the crap still lying around, but that will take some time.
Old 09-11-2014, 18:24  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

The card does not requiring "trapping" therefore a USB to serial adapter may well work just fine to connect your programmer to your existing PC.
toysoft (18-11-2014)