Icecrypt S4000 HD = OCTAGON 1018 ?

aren

Registered
what are the differences for less money for the visual same product ?

same firmware ?

thanks guys

:confused:

lloydarkell

Registered
they look identical visually however the menus appear to differ slightly, when I log in with the Web Browser I get the message welcome to 9000HDPVR which is rather strange.
I havent been able to edit the channels using the HD DRedit for Octagon and the incubus for Octagon 1018 also does not work for me but I might have done somthing wrong!

If you find out any more please can you let me know.

Thanks

eugene2878

Registered
I find my Icecrypt more like Openbox S7. What is why whatever works with Octagon not olways with Icecrypt. For editing use setedit ot Polaredit (german version).

Minicat

Registered
This all, Octagon, Openbox, Icecrypt and a lot of more are in original "Fortis 9000, Fortis 9200"

But: The firmware is NOT the same, every OEM from fortis has another bootloader. So you can't use firmware from one of them to another

You can change the bootloader to make a fortis to octagon and so on.

Working emus (tested on Octagon 1018):
MGcamd
incubusCamd
Fortis-CCcam (only client version)
camd3 (beta)

eugene2878

Registered
Well basically kernels are the same with some extra features different menus in Octagon. And same bugs.

cafo

Registered
on hdfreaks.cc you became the E2 for the USB an the different loader for every model.

The E2 have also a downloadserer.

dragonden

Registered
official E2 image for Icecrypt s4000 will be out sometime in the week (next few days)

Says who? What's your source (please don't confirm my suspicion and say "bar talk").
In my opinion, there is ZERO chance of an official E2 image coming out.

DD

Q-bOxHd

Registered
i have the Tiviar T1 box here, have had it now for some months
i have convert it to Octagon easly.

I have a mate in UK that has Icecrypt and i have send him the files and his box now is also converted to Octagon 1018
all this boxes are the same and are made from Fortis in Korea.

manikm

Registered
i have the Tiviar T1 box here, have had it now for some months
i have convert it to Octagon easly.

I have a mate in UK that has Icecrypt and i have send him the files and his box now is also converted to Octagon 1018
all this boxes are the same and are made from Fortis in Korea.

do you have a HOW TO guide mate!?

mikha

Registered
do you have a HOW TO guide mate!?

I strongly second this request. I hope you'll be kind enough to post a simple How-To guide for the conversion process. I'm sure it'll be fun knowing one can switch between the many different Fortis resellers.

Thanks in advance

Mikha

dragonden

Registered
Find yourself ART (Advanced Recovery Tool). Latest is 3.1a. It's for changing the bootloader so you can load E2. However, once the new bootloader is uploaded, the software allows you to chnage the supplier ID...Atevio, Octagon, Icecrypt etc. No real advantage from any except Atevio seems best supported, including an online download option.
I can't attach any files, as I don't appear to have the rights.
HTH
DD

mikha

Registered
Find yourself ART (Advanced Recovery Tool). Latest is 3.1a. It's for changing the bootloader so you can load E2. However, once the new bootloader is uploaded, the software allows you to chnage the supplier ID...Atevio, Octagon, Icecrypt etc. No real advantage from any except Atevio seems best supported, including an online download option.
I can't attach any files, as I don't appear to have the rights.
HTH
DD

Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.
My single-tuner box (Powersat 1000HD) has a bootloader version 2.23 (similar to the Ultraplus 980HD), while the rest of the Fortis OEM brands have version 1.21 or 1.23, and since this is my first time with a linux-based unit, I just want to make sure that if things don't go as planned, I can revert to the original firmware without the need for Jtag.

Thanks again

Mikha

dragonden

Registered
Thank you for responding. I appreciate it.
My single-tuner box (Powersat 1000HD) has a bootloader version 2.23 (similar to the Ultraplus 980HD), while the rest of the Fortis OEM brands have version 1.21 or 1.23, and since this is my first time with a linux-based unit, I just want to make sure that if things don't go as planned, I can revert to the original firmware without the need for Jtag.

Thanks again

Mikha

I have no idea what your box is a clone of - I believe there is a different ART for the 1008 and 1018, so be careful. If you have another box, then be extra careful, as the multiboot loader within ART is not for you.

Art has an option to restore the original bootloader, but this is to the Atevio version. However, only difference, as far as I understand it, is a few digits for the resller ID (which you can easily change within ART).

BUT, if you flash the new loader you can load E2 OR original firmware, so will never need to restore your original bootloader.
There is a simple way by Telnet to save your bootloader before doing anything, and you can restore this under ART using a USB stick. But, once you have the new bootloader, you have no need to go back (unless you need to send the box back to shop under warranty).

HTH
DD

miktush

Registered
Icecrypt s4000 - Help

Hi everyone, fantastic reading and just after some help for my brothers Icecrypt, this seems a fantastic box (i am running a TM600), so just really after "instructions" please.

regards

KS

Toonarmy.