How to for Sammy DSR 9500 VIA CI with Revolution Gold Emu 4.x by MAHDI!

gorski

Registered
If you have problems maybe uploading the new EMU or whatever... All black? Sammy wants SW and from scratch, as it keeps giving you some numbers in the display, like 6-01 changing to 6-03 or so? Well, kill your Sammy at the back and then... Here's a copy of my post from other threads:

When you switch it on [at the back] press the POWER and LEFT ARROW in the front of the receiver and it should go into Download mode.

Make sure you have it connected to a PC via a serial cable and your HyperTerminal prepared.

If it times-out - repeat the procedure until you get it right and in time, too [at the same time keeping your cool!!]!

Choose the EMU you want to upload. Then Settings list. Then RAM. Then CAID list.

Enjoy! Hopefully!
HyperTerminal explanations [thanx to Papagen!!]:

Uploading Software Into Samsung Using Hyper Terminal

Start/Program/Accessories/Communications/Hyper Terminal

Setting the Hyper Terminal

1. Start Hyper Terminal.
2. In the field "Name" write for example Samsung 9500, choose an icon and click OK.
3. In the new opened window, near "Connect using" choose "Direct to COM1, afterwards click OK.

Port Settings

1. Bits per second : 115200
2. Data Bit : 8
3. Parity : NONE
4. Stop Bit : 1
5. Flow Control : Hardware
Click OK

Uploading software into Hyper Terminal

1. Choose TRANSFER
2. Then choose SEND FILE ....
3. BROWSE - select from hard drive the desired version of software (e.g. DSR9500_Eurocam_5-1_EMU_vXX.bin)
4. Choose 1KXmodem for Protocol
Don't press the button "Send", you will do it subsequently.

After you have done the procedure described, connect your computer with Samsung using a RS232 connection cable.
Before you start uploading the new software into Samsung I would advise you to firstly remove all the cams or cards from it (if any are inside).

The things you have to do are :
1. Disconnect your Samsung using the switch on the rear.
2. In the front of Samsung keep pressed the "right arrow" (volume up).
3. Power up your Samsung on the rear switch and keep constantly pressed "right arrow" (volume up).
Keep the "arrow" pressed until the "3-01" appears on the display,
from that moment the computer will show "............................... Loading"
4. In that moment, in the Hyper Terminal, click the button "Send" (you have about 15 seconds to perform that operation).
With clicking on "Send" starts the uploading the software into Samsung.
Don't be hasty! Wait for entire process to terminate.
Process is terminated when on the Samsung a clock appears.
Afterwards insert some of the cards with Conax emulation without keys.
That was it.

If you have done all properly, there is a desired version of software in you Samsung.
The easiest way to verify if upload succeeded : Menu/System properties/System information.
Old versions of the EMU software has the version number 118 and new have 133.

gorski

Registered
1) Samsung DSR 9500 VIA CI [HW 504, Loader 500 or 501] on Standby

2) Connect to the PC via straight serial cable

3) Start Samsung DSR Studio 1.2 Editor by MAHDI

4) Choose FW Loader TAB

5) Choose Serial Port

6) Click on Send FW and then choose which EMU [4.3 at this point - and it's away, racing...]

7) Wait untill you see the clock on Sammy Display

8) Start Sammy [on FTA channel, just in case], check it, then put it on Standby

9) Click on RAM Editor Tab in the Samsung DSR 9500 Studio Editor by MAHDI

10) Choose Serial Port, then Open File, then click on Write and wait for the clock again

11) You'll see "Insert smartcard" message, then re-start Sammy

12) tps.bin click on Files -> Open Files -> choose the fresh t*s.bin -> when "Ready for Upload" appears -> click on Send -> wait for the clock to appear -> put Sammy to Stand By and switch ON again.

13) At this point I would [and I am going to]
Menu -> Channel organising -> Delete all channels and then
Menu -> Installation -> Manual Scanning and do your own settings list, just so everything is working as it should...

14) Experiment with various cards, depending on which ones one has...

15) Sort out the GBox and Card Sharing bits...

THANKING YOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAHDI FOR PRESIDENT!!!

gorski

Registered
In Gold Emu 4.x you have this as an option:

Press 0 and then Menu and you get into the main Emulator Menu.

At the bottom you have Key Editor Menu -> choose a coding system 0 -> Ident -> key you wanna change by using this scheme:

0 = 0 Button

1 = 1 Button

2 = 2 Button

3 = 3 Button

4 = 4 Button

5 = 5 Button

6 = 6 Button

7 = 7 Button

8 = 8 Button

9 = 9 Button

A = PG+ Button

B = PG- Button

C = GREEN Button

D = YELLOW Button

E = BLUE Button

F = RED Button

Del = LAST Button

Thanx to Dalen, my translation and a small edit...

How to change a key via Remote...

1. Choose a channel to check if the key is OK

2. Get into the receiver's Gold Emu Menu (press 0 + Menu on your Remote)

3. Choose the Key Editor Menu

4. Choose a system of encryption (like Nagra for D+)

5. Choose the right IDENT (for D+ it's 4101)

6. When you choose the right one press on the OK button

7. In the window for putting the key in first
7a. we write the IDENT, then
7b. the INDEX and then
7c. the first 16 signs

8. Repeat all that and put in the next 16 signs

9. If it's all cool the pictuire should appear... colours!!!

10. Press on Exit button

An example of changing a key 00 for D+ (Nagra)
410100CE5823E424584566
410101F6152652E52BE556

Then the 01 key for D+ (Nagra)
410102CE5823E424584566
410103F6152652E52BE556

These keys are just an example and do not open anything!
My addition: D+ overall uses keys 00 and 01.
The 00 key in Samsung uses key places 00 and 01.
The 01 key in Samsung uses key places 02 and 03.

With the new EMU 4.3 we have the same procedure but with a minor change: we need to press EXIT for each key, once we're finished:

For instance:

410100xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -> EXIT

Here the EMU returns automatically to the beginning and puts the key in. Then we repeat the procedure...

410101xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -> press the EXIT button on your Remote again and voila!! The key is in!!!
:)

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiceeee!!!!:thum: ;) :cool:

cjdk

Registered
Thats sad I was sure the HW was the same so I just need to flash with the right firmware

:mecry:

Viking61

Registered
EM VIA works fine

I have a Samsung DSR9500 EM VIA. The tuner works fine with Revolution Gold Emu 4.x.

gorski

Registered
So, what's the [real] difference with VIA CI, if any, m8?:confused: I never saw one... In London you don't get a lot of such stuff...:eek:

You just hooked it up with a serial cable and it all worked or did you have to flash it with JTAG first or...???

I'm sure many would like to know exactly what and how...:) :thum:

Cheers!:cool:

Viking61

Registered
First I upgraded the software version to version 133. I don't know if this step was even necessary, but I did it anyway. Then I hooked up the serial cable and loaded the new firmware. No problems at all.

I think maybe it depends on which Loader, Software and Hardware version you have. When I bought the EM VIA, it had:
Loader Version : 501
Main Software Version: 120
Hardware Version: 503

But as I said, I upgraded first of all the software through the Hotbird satellite and I now have Software version 133.

Viking61

Registered
What about DSR9500 Z ?

What about the Z model, is that one possible to upgrade? I saw oys said in an earlier post in this thread that only VIA CI and EM VIA were possible to upgrade, but I thought the Z model also was in that group.

I have the opportunity to buy a Samsung DSR9500 Z, but I don't want to do it if you can't upgrade it. Has anyone successfully loaded Revolution Gold Emu 4.x on a Z model?

Last edited:

Viking61

Registered
Loader version

I'm just a bit curious. You say that the Loader version must be version 504 or 505. Does this only apply to the Z model? Because I have Loader version 501 on my EM VIA model, and that one works fine with Revolution Gold Emu.

cuorino

Super VIP
I'm just a bit curious. You say that the Loader version must be version 504 or 505. Does this only apply to the Z model? Because I have Loader version 501 on my EM VIA model, and that one works fine with Revolution Gold Emu.

Loader 500 or 501 has free port to update, 504 or 505 is blocked but with jtag is possible to patch it.
Loader 7xx is unpatchable.
regards
cuorino

gorski

Registered
And if the update via satellite "changed" the Loader - it couldn't, they say....

It only "masked" it [500 or 501 into 504/5], so as we would think it's not possible to use the serial port. But it still is usable, allegedly...:)

Only those that came from the factory with Loaders 504/5 have blocked serial ports...;) :thum:

Viking61

Registered
When I updated via satellite, it only updated the Main Software version. Loader version and Hardware version stayed the same.

In my case it updated the Main Software version from 120 to 133. Loader version stayed at version 501, and Hardware version stayed at version 503.

cuorino

Super VIP
Good, perfect, 501 is most important thing.
But if you load emu 4.9 is the same, it based on 133 original.

regards
cuorino