Bad video(pic) & audio in DSR9500

montarbo

Registered
hello everyone.
i have a samsung dsr 9500 em via which i need help with.
the issue is that since few weeks i start getting bad pic & audio quality specially in hotbird( actually its the only one i have for now).
its not linked to some special transponder. not the aligment of my dish coz 4 other STB didn't have any problems with my dish. as i see is that the signal level is getting up & down very rapidley. its like the problem is in the LNB input. as i said 4 STB & also new LNB .....>the same problem. i tried to upgrade which went veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery smoooooooooth with your help for sure.
so here's my problem.... have anyone of you experienced the same. is it a hardware stuff which needs to be changed. is it the LNB input. ANY clues?
BR & thanks in advace for all the answers.

cuorino

Super VIP
The problem is the capacitor (220mf 105°)inside in tuner box: change it and will work ok.

cuorino

montarbo

Registered
Thanks alot for your fast reply i knew it would've been a hardware stuff to deal with but the thing is that i cant find that capacitor u mentioned coz all those with 220 uf have 85 degrees tolernace. this is why i'm uploading the pics of my devices board may be u can help & indicate which was the one involved.

the thing is that i can't findout how to attach those pics i have here

Last edited:

pge365

Registered
Hi,

I have performed this modification a few times, If you can't upload the pics, you are welcome to send me your email address privately and I will email you the instructions

regards.

montarbo

Registered
vbimghost.php

http://www.sat-universe.com/vbimghost.php?do=myimages&pp=9&page=1

Hi,

I have performed this modification a few times, If you can't upload the pics, you are welcome to send me your email address privately and I will email you the instructions

regards.

WELL
would'nt it be better to post ur knowledge here at this thread so that even others get use of it when needed instead of sending it privatley...
U R not helping here, i sent you the e mail adress but is it ok to share that info by me here at this forum after i get it?

PS the above link is for the images

Last edited:

montarbo

Registered
vbimghost.php

http://www.sat-universe.com/vbimghost.php?do=myimages&pp=9&page=1

WELL
would'nt it be better to post ur knowledge here at this thread so that even others get use of it when needed instead of sending it privatley...
U R not helping here, i sent you the e mail adress but is it ok to share that info by me here at this forum after i get it?

PS the above link is for the images

:thum::clapping::emot112:
well pge365
got ur e mail today with the discriptiption & pic guiding the whole thing wayyyyyyyyy smoooooooothly
& you know what it worked like magic....
i will now try to find a way to post poic here or attach them so that help can be distributed all over.
thanks man

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
:thum::clapping::emot112:
well pge365
got ur e mail today with the discriptiption & pic guiding the whole thing wayyyyyyyyy smoooooooothly
& you know what it worked like magic....
i will now try to find a way to post poic here or attach them so that help can be distributed all over.
thanks man

There is an image hosting service here on SU as you can see in the screenshot. You can use that to upload and include images in your posts. Or you can use some external image hosting service.

View attachment 45233

montarbo

Registered
There is an image hosting service here on SU as you can see in the screenshot. You can use that to upload and include images in your posts. Or you can use some external image hosting service.

View attachment 45233

well 9i did it at the first place & u can c it at my third post but it didn'y work when i will insert the image url why i put it as a link.
any how i uploaded tow of total four images coz the other tow i get a messeges that the image size is too big though the size if about 400, and 350 kb. here i'm also quoting pge356 e mail to me.

%%%%%
hi,

I have done this to 2 receivers and it sorted the
problem you describe

You need to change the 220uf cap which is located
inside the metal tuner can on the tuner circuit board.

The location of the capacitor in question is C118.

Replace this with a electrolytic cappacitor value
220uf and at least 50V (volts), it can be higher (eg
63V), don't worry about the 85C, it can also be 105C.

You can rip open the can if you want but is is
possible take the can out, fit the new cap lying down
and re-fit the can.

I recommended you only try this if you are an
electronics engineer or a confident solderer as there
is some tricky work involved. Otherwise, ask someone
who is.

Regards

%%%%%%

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
@montarbo
After you upload images, you have to copy "BB Code Img" to your posts, like :

Code:
[im g]http://www.sat-universe.com/imagehosting/2975647b18f9ca7cad.jpg[/im g]

(had to add space "im g" so that it doesn't get parsed in first example) to get:

2975647b18f9ca7cad.jpg

montarbo

Registered

For expression of gratitude there is a button "thanks". It is not necessary to litter with such posts a forum .

667b9a9042kc4.gif