Discussion about all FEEDs

meho7

Registered
So is my box glitched or what? I input the correct cw but it's showing a completely different in the box itself. :rolleyes:

edit: It works after using universal space name for the id.

Francescone

Still looking for WTA tennis feed.
ATP1000 Indian Wells is at 7E, as expected. But the tournement in California is a "combined" one, so I would like to discover where is the women feed. Possibly NS4?

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member
Still looking for WTA tennis feed.
ATP1000 Indian Wells is at 7E, as expected. But the tournement in California is a "combined" one, so I would like to discover where is the women feed. Possibly NS4?

Nobody has answered every time you ask this question.

Conclusions:
1. Nobody knows
2. If anybody does know they are not willing to share the information, they want to keep it to themselves.

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member
I think that last time we spoke about Australian Open, that's a different story.

The conclusions remained the same for the Australian Open.

1. Nobody knew if there were feeds.
2. If they did know, they did not share at the time the feeds were active.

I will tell you that there was a direct uplink satellite feed for some specific matches of the Australian Open on 166.0E in Ku-Band.
It was a single court feed for the 9 Network but it was not for what would be called the WTA tour.

Apart from this single frequency feed on 166.0E for the 9 Network there were no other Australian Open feeds in normal DVB-S2 in Ku-Band from any of the generally used satellites such as 160.0E, 166.0E, 169.0E and 172.0E. There might have been Novelsat feeds as some of these satellites use Novelsat modulation.

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member
Yea just a thought

Someone here told you last time they are not NS3/NS4 on 7E or 10E ( and he was sure about it )

So what other options are left ?

For Australian and USA feeds it is not possible to directly uplink to 7.0E or 10.0E. Any feeds from these locations on 7.0E and 10.0E would be 2nd hop via an intermediate ground station which received the feeds either via fibre or satellite. In the case of USA feeds it is known that both 47.5W and 55.5W have been used for transatlantic Novelsat satellite transmissions.

Francescone

For Australian and USA feeds it is not possible to directly uplink to 7.0E or 10.0E. Any feeds from these locations on 7.0E and 10.0E would be 2nd hop via an intermediate ground station which received the feeds either via fibre or satellite. In the case of USA feeds it is known that both 47.5W and 55.5W have been used for transatlantic Novelsat satellite transmissions.
Yes you are right, but this is satellite. Fiber would be a different story.
I'm not sure that WTA feeds (women tournements) are ALWAYS broadcasted ONLY via fiber.
If so, why not the same for ATP (men) tournements? ATP is at 7 East, and these feeds are not related to the tournement location.
For exampe, this week we have the feed at 7 East from Indian Wells, probably pushed to Europe via 55 West or 47.5 West on C band (i don't know).
So I believe that WTA has its own satellite feed too, at least as backup. And in Europe it must be on one of the main satellites like 7 East or 10 East or similar, but surely not in DVB-S2. This is the reason for which I thought to NS4. Well, I can wrong, obviously.

AhmedCeNa

Donating Member
According to an American forum, this is the last time feeds appeared for a WTA tourney on American sats (DVB-S2)

It was 12 days ago, WTA 250 Open Austin

SES 3/103W
11751 H 15000
BISS encrypted. Two channels: AUST-ENC1 & ENC3.

No sign of WTA Indiana Wells.

Icz999

Registered
hey bud - sorry just saw this was moved here (I thought I was going crazy) with my old post going missing

Cheers.. much appreciated.

markssmith77

Registered
I've just started dipping my toe in feeds and have noticed a few on Astra 28.2 that seem to show either one camera position at a football match, or in a BBC coverage which was a feed of the game, graphics etc but no presenters as seen on normal BBC 1 at the time, which I'm guessing meant another feed somewhere had the presentation at the game?
Is there a specific reason for these type of feeds? Is it combined back at their HQ or at the match?