Satellite dish not moving

harshy

Registered
Hi I noticed my satellite not moving it’s been doing funny things recently ever since those storms then the signals got lowered and now the dish dosent move, what could be the issue,

Thank you,

harshy

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
Can you get to a location where you can take a photo/s of the motor arm/dish and post them here. See if we can spot anything.

As there are many possible reasons, damaged cable, broken motor, rust, or lack of lubrication on motor arm (older kit).

It may be a small simple fix, it may not. As many many things can cause the fault you describe.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
What size dish ?
Disecq Motor or Actuator Arm + V-box ?

harshy

Registered
1m inverto not sure of motor i made a mistake and sent the dish to 27.5w not it’s stuck there I will see if my Technomste can do the trick and least drive the dish again...

harshy

Registered
Well the dish is moving again it feels like it’s a power related problem but I am no expert, signals on feed is non existent now but regular channels work.

harshy

Registered
What would i need to do, So i get very low signals on certain sats, for example AFN EU would be around the 14db mark and i used to get the globecast feeds with decent signal, but its now around the 11db mark and naturally those weak feeds wont pull in, any idea what the theory is and hopefully when this dreadful pandemic is over I can call out the satellite installer to fix it.