Help with my 7700HSCI

alamski

Registered
Hi there,

Can some experts help me out here, I have the above receiver and recently came across these images for it. I updated my receiver (official firmware) to the latest firmware and then tried to install one of these images I think it was the neutrino one. It showed 99, 98 and so on till 0 (or maybe the other way round) and then started to flash. Gave it a good 10 minutes at least and then restarted the receiver. Now the receiver just shows L230 and keeps flashing. Have I bricked the receiver? If so can it be recovered?

Thanks

Alam

mobilenvidia

Registered
The counter should count downn to 0 (aprox 1 per second)
When it gets to zero it will then write the FW to the flash memory and another counter will start to count down (hacked FW may not show this)
Once the FW has been uploaded it will flash with 'END' you can now reset the Machine.

Hacked FW will auto reboot when done, this can sometimes take a few mnutes are the flash is done.
But original FW uploads will flash 'END' when done.

The below is from my TF7710 Enigma2 firmware, should also work for your machine.
To uninstall Enigma2, copy your favorite Topfield firmware on your stick and
rename it to "topfield.tfd" (don't forget to rename uImage_ if necessary). The
installer will flash the firmware and reboot the Toppy. There have been reports
that the PVR appears to be dead for about 5 minutes until the picture comes on
the TV screen. So please be patient. Enigma2 can also be removed by flashing a
regular Topfield firmware image using standard tools like TFD-Down or VegaPack
via the serial interface.

If all else fails you will need to manually upload the original FW to the machine with a serial cable (x-over) using TF-Down

If the machine turns on and flashes the Version number then there is hope of a recovery.

alamski

Registered
Thanks for your help, managed to recover the receiver all working now, on original firmware.