Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Latest Patch TM5402 M4

Technomate Firmware

Old 17-01-2022, 13:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thank you for this new patch. I had been using last September’s version and had audio sync problems on SD channels. These seem to have gone now so perhaps this has been fixed?

I’ve connected to the Internet (YouTube works well) but the EPG still says ‘No EPG’. Do I need to make any changes to get this working?
Old 17-01-2022, 19:14  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian
Donating Member

Thanked 104,004 Times in 21,590 Posts

Audio sync problems were addressed and fixed last year .
Quote:
EPG still says ‘No EPG’
depends what channels you are attempting , for example EPG Works perfectly well on AFN 9 East just ensure you are indeed using the new patch which was posted few weeks ago on Jan 1st 2022 there is nothing special required to get EPG Working so you need to be much more specific about your ‘No EPG’ messages and where exactly you find this happening .
Old Yesterday, 09:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney115 View Post
Audio sync problems were addressed and fixed last year .
depends what channels you are attempting , for example EPG Works perfectly well on AFN 9 East just ensure you are indeed using the new patch which was posted few weeks ago on Jan 1st 2022 there is nothing special required to get EPG Working so you need to be much more specific about your ‘No EPG’ messages and where exactly you find this happening .
‘No EPG’ is displayed for all UK channels on 27.5. I know these channels do not transmit EPG data but the release note for 01012022 says “Added 7 day EPG: connect to internet and the EPG guide will automatically update.”

I was hoping that UK EPG data was being scraped from another source and being served via the Internet to the Technomate box. I’m sure this would be possible but not trivial.

I’m not sure where the ‘in-built’ channel list comes from for 27.5 but some of the IDs are incorrect and cannot be edited. However, it’s easy to Add Channels with the latest values and delete the incorrect channels.

My box definitely had over one second audio sync problems on all SD channels until I upgraded the firmware yesterday. However, audio sync has always seemed to be an intermittent fault and I had been making multiple changes to the box. I gave it a couple of factory resets and a power down before and after yesterday’s upgrade. All is fine now.

I need to add that, as a simple user, the Technomate TM-5402 M4 with patching does exactly what I need so I’m very grateful for all the work on the patches. Being able to record/watch two channels simultaneously in perfect quality using only one LNB and cable is fantastic.

I'm upgrading from the M3 to the M4, is there a biss menu?
Donating Member

Yes there is indeed , but with Jan 1st 2022 patch BISS auto for me is a fail hopefully they will fix this with the next update .
it is a decent upgrade and has come a long way thanks to @ manic01 and other members here posting feedback and constant Beta testing for Technomate .

cheers !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Ferret (Today), holmroad (Today), Xede (Today)

Quote:
Yes there is indeed , but with Jan 1st 2022 patch BISS auto for me is a fail hopefully they will fix this with the next update .
it is a decent upgrade and has come a long way thanks to @ manic01 and other members here posting feedback and constant Beta testing for Technomate .

cheers !
Thanks Barney. It's only just arrvied so I haven't set it up yet, how do you access the menu? 8280 like on the M3?

By auto biss I take it you mean it auto enters it if connected to the web?
Donating Member

not like M3 its just Menu right arrow button then BISS Menu
Yes to be blunt auto biss the box connects to internet and key is auto entered if found but this does not seem to be working when i tested or broken with Jan 1st 2022 patch .

But patch the box and take it from there the Blind scan works fine and IKS channels work stable so you'll see a lot more action on the M4 than you previously did with M3 but there is still no way to extend the 2 year IKS connection that comes pre-activated with the box .
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barney115 For This Useful Post:
Ferret (Today), Xede (Today)

Quote:
not like M3 its just Menu right arrow button then BISS Menu
Yes to be blunt auto biss the box connects to internet and key is auto entered if found but this does not seem to be working when i tested or broken with Jan 1st 2022 patch .

But patch the box and take it from there the Blind scan works fine and IKS channels work stable so you'll see a lot more action on the M4 than you previously did with M3 but there is still no way to extend the 2 year IKS connection that comes pre-activated with the box .
Ok i've set it up and run the patch, seems very smooth. But biss key doens't seem to open the channel, when i go to the biss menu the top says "OFF" then i've entered correct key in Line 1 but still says scrambled, any ideas?