net speed test, how to uninstall or upgrade?

yezior

Registered
Hello my friends,
My image Black Hole 4.7 has a plugin NetSpeedTest, which for the firs time test indicated my net speed at 1.9 Mb/s, whereas its true value is 8Mb/s. For the second time it showed an error with verification. My request to you is if, or how, I can upgrade NetSpeedTest app to work properly giving me true ISP speed values. Best regards yezior.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
So on what device did you get your true reading of 8mb ?

This does not sound to me like a Netspeed test problem but a network issue with the verification error.

Reboot all your kit modem router any switches involved and your 800 and try again.

yezior

Registered
Hi, you were absolutely right. After the reset of all my devices, netspeedtest started and gave me info:
Ping 75.4 ms
Download 3.72 Mbitps
Upload 0.38 Mbitps

My ISP supports me with D:8Mbit aand U:1Mbit. The box, TV and PC are connected with a router as a switch. Tv & pc have abot 7 Mbit and the box the values above. How to increase the net on my Dreambox?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I think your just a liitle low on bandwidth to test that theory disconnect all devices except your DM and run the test again.

yezior

Registered
I did as you said and nothing has changed. I even tried other cables. My PC has the values that are close to what ISP gives, and the box gets the half of them. Of course I checked it with separate connections. I also noticed that while 800 is connecting with servers via iptvplayer, the speed goes up twice. But it lasts only for miliseconds, I think. Nevermind. One more question. I know that the router with 800 should have DNS set as the gate of the main router. But would it be ok if there was a google dns? Sorry for my ignorance.

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Id use your ISP's DNS if direct to main router for best results or as you say the gate to the other router. Can you not connect your 800 directly to the main router ?

yezior

Registered
I assume that I would need to replace the second router with a switch to have a direct connection with the main router. I'll check direct coupling and let you know about the result.

yezior

Registered
Sorry couldn't edit the above post. So, I checked the direct connection with the main router. Unforunately the speed is still 2 or 3 times lower than on other devices. I think I'll stop searching the cause. Unless you have any further ideas. Only one thing comes to my mind about this issue. Maybe 800 is used by sb for vile goals $$$. ;)

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Other than NetspeedTest giving you the wrong figure i dont see any reason why the 800 would not max out the connection.

It does not make sense with a direct connection to router.

8Mb down is very low these days can you not get a better ISP ?

yezior

Registered
Yes, there is one ISP that gives 100 Mbps via optical fibre.
Unfortunately, they rent their routers, and you don't have any access to the settings. Just like STBs from tv sat platform providers.