TM5402 MK4

Status
Not open for further replies.

manic01

Super VIP
Kippysat kindly spent time trying to get my box to work with the autobiss, we made progress and now the box will open biss channels but unfortunately no luck when trying live feeds. Other reports (before the posts were lost in the upgrade) if I remember correctly have suggested it should work on feeds so perhaps my box is the issue but for now it has defeated me
Why not share with others what was tried so others may learn.

Coastman

Registered
Re-installed 30/8/22 patch after post from Kippysat about Preferences menu and the same option is not in that one also which i had not noticied before so put back on 28/1/22 and its back in the menu.
Just my opinion but feel this is the best stable patch currently apart from au not working anymore.

manic01

Super VIP
Re-installed 30/8/22 patch after post from Kippysat about Preferences menu and the same option is not in that one also which i had not noticied before so put back on 28/1/22 and its back in the menu.
Just my opinion but feel this is the best stable patch currently apart from au not working anymore.
Did you read my post ref 30/08 post?
This patch has been deleted from download centre so use at own risk.
I think 27/09 patch has same issue ref preferences.

Last edited:

Coastman

Registered
manic 01, i did see your post about the last couple of patches as agree with you there is something not right with them just making the point for others that 28/1/22 patch is the one to
use unless a new one comes along with all the bugs fixed.

manic01

Super VIP
manic 01, i did see your post about the last couple of patches as agree with you there is something not right with them just making the point for others that 28/1/22 patch is the one to
use unless a new one comes along with all the bugs fixed.
No probs my friend. Wasn't sure if you missed it lol

kippysat

Donating Member
Hello.
So for the past week or so I have been in contact with Xede and Jonnyboy2009 on the most recent
patches.

Whilst I was skeptical about upgrading - I had no choice if we were to test and check the latest patches.

So I can report that the latest patches "Sept 27th & Oct 10th" both work and BISS Auto roll works.
You have to reboot the machine after loading the new patch. Then use the Apps Menu - Update
- then Option 2 to load the latest keys. After that - you can go to your chosen BISS channel and it
will clear. So that is good.

The removal of the Auto Update Software Option in the Preferences Menu does not seem to be an issue.
I spoke with Manic about this and he allayed any fears I had and as far as I can see - not having it isn't
affecting anything.

There has been a surprise Menu addition. There is now an "Update Channel List" menu option within
the "Apps" Menu. If this is what we think it is and have been requesting for some time - then it is indeed
a pleasant surprise and addition. I don't have any experience in uploading channel lists so maybe someone
can give that a try a report back on whether it works. Very interesting indeed.

Finally - others have asked about getting Feeds working with these latest patches. The latest patches no
longer have the BISS option in the "Patch Menu". My old tutorial was predicated on this BISS option being
available in that Menu alongside the separate "BISS Menu".

The key reason for having a BISS option along with Tandberg/Constant CW/PowerVu etc is that it enabled
us to enter the Transponder ID/Symbol Rate/Polarity/PID/SID etc. This extra functionality was key in enabling
us to input feed information and make them work.

It is why I believe that we can't get Feeds to work with the most recent patches. I hope that TM take note
and reinstate the BISS option with all the features and functionality in the "Patch Menu". IMO this should
make Feeds work again.

It's not difficult as it was there before and simply needs to be put back.
Overall quite surprised that TM are doing releases again - supporting the box and appear to be listening
to us. Hope I'm not wrong about that...lol.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
TM5402 M4 HD
No longer supported by the manufacturer, there are other Forever boxes available.

LOCKED TOPIC !

Status
Not open for further replies.