Webtv

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Webtv 0.1

Great to see things progressing, we'll have to split up ipbox section into plugins, images etc.

This add-on allows you to watch the tv stream from the cuberevo over an web interface (similar to enigma's web-x-tv).

INSTALL:
Copy var/bin form the archive to /var/bin on the box.
Copy /var/www from the archive to the webif folder on your box (for example /var/www on NLB).

Make sure all script files and binarys are executable!

USAGE:
Surf to http://boxip/webtv/

It works on Firefox, Internet Explorer 7 has some problems with the vlc plugin (at least for me, try your luck.)
Javascript is required.

Above the video frame you have the basic controls to switch the channels.
The addon loads all channels in your favourites list.

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
- pictures is not deinterlaced (future release)
- because of a network bug on the cuberevo, the network of the box probably will die after some time.
the bug is known to DGS and hopefully will be fixed in future releases.

LICENSE:
all files are under the GPL.

CREDITS:
The server side code for the streaming is based on the streamts app.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Webtv 0.1.1

NEW RELEASE 0.1.1:
------------------
- fixes Internet Explorer 7 problem with vlc plugin

thx to pacco

hulday

Registered
hi m8

i see on my pc the black screen,i switch channels on the ip9000,but no pic on pc.

any idea?

hulday

Registered
well,look like it's time to hdd.

any recommendation? size,type,brand?

can i use external HDD,conected to the USB port?

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Size is up to you. As to brands, seems like Samsung has turned out to be the best according to some reports. WD and Seagate also ok.
I can just suggest to avoid Hitachi. As I've got one and I am pretty sure it is the cause of some slight picture jittering on hd channels. When I disable time shift picture is fine. So I assume it is hdd performance that is causing the problem. It could be some bug in the firmware but not everyone reports it so I think it should be hdd that is the cause.

I assume you can mount external hdd but if it will act the same as internal hdd I don't know.

hulday

Registered
Thx m8, just to be clear regards the HDD:

sata 2?

3.5 or 2.5 ?

any size,even 1000 work?

PRM?

Buffer? 8,16,32 ?

thx in advance :)

Last edited:

hulday

Registered
i cant find HDD with jumper,but the sales man told me, that to all the HDD sata2 change to sata1if its needed. is it ok,or i must hdd with the jumper?

thx !

Bacardi

Registered
i have a sata2 hdd, and i have not set a jumper for sata1. So you may well be correct (my drive is samsung spinpoint 1tb).

Is installing the files enough from the online sifteam page or do i have to do something else to make them executeable?

k2k2000

Registered
when istalling from online ,no need to change attributes

the best for our ipbox samsung spinpoint.
if your hd d ont work, take a look a this adapter from sharkoon.
Code:
sorry, can't allow links to shops

Last edited:

Bacardi

Registered
i can not get this to run then. I have tried ie and firefox, just get the vlc cone in the middle of the page with ie7, and a runtime error with firefox.

k2k2000

Registered
Code:
sorry, can't allow links to shops
product web page ,not web shop. :eek:

sata_quickport_pro.jpg

Last edited:

sarcofx

Registered
Hi rocknroll, its not the hd , because i use the latest spinpoint from samsung.(500 gig)
I got the same problem with hd and sometimes with sd channels on premier too.

DKaftermath

Registered
@ Rocknroll.

where do i ftp the files in the dgstream folder to on my IP9000 mate.

i ftpd the other files in the relevent folders, using latest ABcom image.

i installed VLC 0.8.6i

open web browser, i am getting a black screen on Firefox with the 2 box options, and can change channels from PC on box, but i am getting no Video on PC, only " no video " message in the ventre.

Same thing on IE, only this time i am getting a VLC large Icon in Video box, but no video.

Wonder if you know where i am going wrong m8 ?

Thanks

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
@ Rocknroll.

where do i ftp the files in the dgstream folder to on my IP9000 mate.

i ftpd the other files in the relevent folders, using latest ABcom image.

i installed VLC 0.8.6i

open web browser, i am getting a black screen on Firefox with the 2 box options, and can change channels from PC on box, but i am getting no Video on PC, only " no video " message in the ventre.

Same thing on IE, only this time i am getting a VLC large Icon in Video box, but no video.

Wonder if you know where i am going wrong m8 ?

Thanks

Files to same folders as they are in the zip. With the exception of /var being /usr/local on abcom.
So files from /var/bin in the zip go to /usr/local/bin on the box. That one is symlinked anyway.
Files and folders from /var/www in the zip go to /usr/local/www on the box. Just make sure you chmod the files to 755.

If you still can't get it working try running streamts from telnet to see if you get any errors.
First check if it is already running with ps command. If it is kill it and execute the script:
/usr/local/bin/scrplg-start-streamts.sh

@sarcofx, ok thx. It might as well be a bug with time shift function on ipbox. Hope it is nothing permanent.