DM8000 Production shut down

Gerry55

Registered
Sorry naveed68 I think you should sell your DreamBox and get one from a better manufacturer, please tell us what you think is better?

naveed68

Registered
Sorry naveed68 I think you should sell your DreamBox and get one from a better manufacturer, please tell us what you think is better?

hi gerry :)

i am only posting on this thread for one reason and one reason only and i am speaking on behalf of the rescent buyers of dm8000hd who have bought a dm8000hd to find that there box has now stoped production and a cheaper dreambox with faster processer has been marketed for sale of mass production .

i do not to go into it any further and say bad things about dream multimedia about things i dont like about the box i think maybe you are asking for more reasons and you dont see my reason as justifiable enough to express my displeasement about this..

simalar things happen with different manufacters and only when many people did complain did upgrade become available via software or hardware

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
:)i think further more about this now and i feel that i am a genuine dreambox customer with a very genuine reason for complaint .

i have supported dreambox a long time and gery i do like my dreambox and i have enjoyed all its userbillity and functions quite often i have no complaints about performance from dm8000hd and in its day was best box for a few years at least and dm8000hd is still best box untill new software runs better on the new 7020hd ..

im not fully sure if this will take place weather or not new oe2 functions will run better on the faster processer or not .

but i do feel that ther is a chance that dreambox multimedia can adapt newer faster processer to dm8000hd then they should offer this service

have a nice week all :thum:

rahimi29

Registered
hi naveed68
i am totally agree with you i had my dm8000 since 2010 i am very happy with it but like you i am not happy with DMM because they stop dm8000 production obviously we are not happy with that and i think we have to put our complain to DMM directly may be they decide to do something about it

take care all

ekkostar

Registered
The DM8000 has been out nearly 4 years. In this day and age it's a testement to how far they thought ahead for it to still be relevant today.

It's basically come to the end of it's life cycle and a new product in the pipeline based on the Goliath project is on it's way.

DMM are not a company that sit on their laurels. It was they that brought linux and E1 and E2. They revolutionised satellite receivers.

Let's just be thankful for the past and look forward to what they are now about to bring out. It will not disappoint.

naveed68

Registered
:maggie:bye bye dreambox8000hd byebye we will meet again dont know where dont know when :eek:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the end of dreambox 8000 hd xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DREAMBOX8000 HD WAS HERE 2008-2012
RIP BROTHER GOLIATH IS HERE TO LIGHT THE WAY

naveed68

Registered
i today have bad news i have had news that the sale of dm8000hd had plumped so much that dm8000hd was forced to end production.

there has been reports of many dreambox 8000hd in circulation unsold vu ultimo is now the best selling box and support is growing many dreambox owners have lost faith in dreambox and vu is now the best supported box on the market

naveed68

Registered
i am verry sorry to bring this very bad unforntunate news please except my apoalgies for this very bad news i am expecting the price of dreambox8000hd to plumet so i wouldnt go out and rush to buy one if i was you i would wait you may be able to get dream multimedia box for 599 p i would wait as manager says they will get sold of soon and also you may be able to pick up demo for a few hundred pound

ararat

I heard from somebody, who got from sales manager in the know - that´s too unprecise to rely on:rolleyes:.
I wouldn´t post such news without telling the name of the expert and precisely quoting him, then.
It would be too dangerous for me, because it´s damaging a company´s reputation without naming real facts. They could even take s.b. to court for this.

I heard from somebody in the know (medical news in newspaper), that chocolate protects against heart attacks and strokes;).

naveed68

Registered
well every one is entitled to say what they here i think you are being to protective of dreambox and you yourself also blame you dreambox for overheating issues spoiling your recordings i think this has done more damage to dreambox 8000hd over the years..

the fact is dreambox 8000hd is not selling anymore like it used too sales marketing experts can find these things out so i am not questioning my manager on this.

if im wrong about this then take me court i will fight cause for an upgrade haha

naveed68

Registered
i will look the judge in the eye and i will say this is unexceptable i demand to see an upgrade you swines

ararat

I don´t blame the box - I blame OE2.0 - and OE2.0 is bloody edge.
Nobody was forced to install it. OE1.6 works perfect and OE2.0 will do, but this will take some time.

The reason for my spoiled recordings are due to network requests that don´t get handled as stable as they did with OE2.0.
I don´t get spoiled recordings any more, because I know what to record with which of my two boxes. I already told you, they are all flawless again, but you ignore it for the second time.

I just see, you start insulting, naveed68. (quote: "you swines":mad:)

Don´t do that:mad:! Stay with reliable facts!

There will be upgrades, when developers are back from summer vacation. That´s official and can be read on DMM homepage for everybody (German thread called: "das wars für die DM8000").
I asked and got answers by DMM and I already posted the result in different thread here on SU and you should know that. You started that thread and posted there all the time.

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
i will let stink bomb off in court room and go in stinking of curry they will have to give me upgrade

naveed68

Registered
you say you get tuner message fail when your dreambox gets hot ara this verry bad news for possible dreambox 8000 hd buyer no

i think i would be put of by this because this would of put me off a lot if i had of seen that befor i buy no

maybe you problem with hardware some where this is unfortunate i know but this thing happen to many other household appliances and from time to time things do go wrong but anyways this is life and now i ust go to work so bye bye ara been nice talking to you but dont call me ill call you bye bye