DM8000 ERROR Can not reboot or flash

gazzsat

Registered
Hello people!

I have a DM8000 running on Dream Elite 1.3. It has worked fine on this image for 8 months until today.
No matter which method I use to switch on, I get 'ERROR' appearing over the usual boot logo. I have attempted to network flash and re-flash using Dream Up.

Is there any way I can do a factory reset from this state?

Any help towards a solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

does it just state error ? Any more text? What was the last thing you did before the failure.

When you tried to re flash what stops it do you get any errors reported etc.

Just need a bit more to go on mate.

Ferret

gazzsat

Registered
Hi Ferret!

Sorry I can't give you much more info but here goes:-

I last attempted to look at cam downloads as the softcam would not work with my S*y card. From my PC I could see DM8000 on the home LAN but the DM8000 was not connecting to / seeing internet via hub.

Other than that, the 8000 had been working fine but when I tried to shutdown to do a cold restart,from main switch 'power off' and 'power on' positions (to update to a new image) the box displayed the boot logo then after a second or two 'ERROR' over the top with the cooling fan at full throttle.

I have been unable to do anything with it. I have tried the procedure for a network flash and for a Dream Up flash. The box will not go into these modes.

I hope that sheds a bit more light on it.

Gazzsat

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator

IPLAYRO

Registered
Change your router.
OR USE NO CA FOUND FIX BUT STILL I THINK ROUTER IS PROBLEM ... NOW MY DM800 HD PVR IS OK.

Jahu

Donating Member
Why change router? What does router have to do with DM error on boot?

Relfash as Ferret said, there is no need for null cable, ethernet will do and give you a random DCHP IP address.

The way i do it on my 8000 is:

switch power at the back switch,
switch power on
keep the UP button in front of box pressed, till you see DHCP and IP address and ***STOP*** words, then release the UP button (mine is usually 192.168.1.103)
Enter that Ip address into your web browser and click firmware upgrade and choose image you want to flash.

Done in a few minutes, switch power off/on and see if all good (new images support reboot after image upload, if not power on/off)