The Best image for DM 8000 is .. ?

ararat

OoZooN image very stable / + NTFS writing support

OoZooN (Release 3.1) imho

It is very stable (uses the whole 256 MB Flash RAM).
Although based on original Dreambox image (so called CVS image) it allows a lot.

Playback of copy protected DVDs inluded
Playback of MKV included (in CVS, too)
Playback of M2TS included (in CVS, Too)
Playback from external NTFS USB HDD included

User Script function already built in (Install ipk packages / start scripts)
Save your image as nfi file built in
Writing support (for recording - too slow for copy operations) can be achieved as well if you install it*.

For original dreambox (of course not clone boxes) you don´t lose guarantee/support by dmm as long as you don´t talk about perhaps additionally installed things:rolleyes: they dont like ...

like here

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=709174&postcount=30

which works perfectly fine on my box

or here, (I haven tried and may not be the latest ones)

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=147890

and it´s easy to install things.

Just copy ipk package(s) with FTP
(e.g. Filezilla / or Dreambox control Center for Enima 2)
to /tmp or /media/hdd on your box.
^
Press blue button and choose User Script plugin from list
Within chose "Install ipk packages"
After installation, if a package contained a script ;), you can start/stop/autostart, etc. it as well with User Script plugin.

---

*Those interested in additional NTFS writing support (install it like I described above)
here is one for OoZooN image (you won´t find it on his own webpage). Haven´t tried it myself, yet.

But to those who want to try it, I definitely assure this file was originally provided by OoZooN himself late last Friday night, April 8th to members who wanted NTFS writing support within a discussion thread on his images. Don´t know if the driver works with all E2 images or only OoZooN. If you want to use it in order to record on external USB HDD, don´t forget to set the correct recording path (Press PVR button twice).

Last edited:

ararat

Welcome new member marosd aboard here:).
Your first post here on SU.
...:welcome:

Just because I´m curious myself and because some new owners of dreamboxes may really urgently want to know what image they should take:

Could everybody here please post a bit more than always the same sentence: Miracle Dragonfly 1021 ZZ image is the best?

Why is it best? And please don´t write that it´s stable.

The sentence "image xyz is stable" doesn´t really say too much. Everybody here says this about his/her favourite image.
We all didn´t really compare - I tried some images but not all.
Stability seems to have improved from old oe1.5 images to the latest oe1.6 images with 256 MB RAM support since the end of march 2011 and it is very good on my two dm8000 boxes - not one single freezer, green screen or strange reaction - never had it this stable before. (Well but this is still a thing of only personal experience.)
Seems that many new images use the new kernel for dm8000 now, that support 256 MB RAM - so they all probably have comparable stabiltity.

So what is really different between images?
What, for example, does Newnigma2 different / better than other images? Does it have anything special?

what file formats does it play without installing additional plugins (MKV, m2ts, ts, avi,) sound formats (mp3, ac3, dts) / NTFS support included? / copy protected DVD playback ? / Scripts, Emulators, Softcams, ? etc.

Of course, if you improved your image by additional plugins, tell as well.
Image xyz comes with ...
Image xyz improves with following (recommendable) plugins

Would be nice if we all got some more information on images, because we all probably won´t try all images and may miss the best one.

Thanks in advance:)

(Maybe I´ll try some of your proposals myself, if they sound more delicious than what I have :D.)

---

Just saw the other day (a bit late, so maybe it´s not new to you) that with GP3 you can give Gemini function to CVS images:D (Google for: GP3 Dreambox). Sounds perhaps interesting, too?

Last edited:

naveed68

Registered
i totaly agree with the above post.

you should at least say what you like about image and why you prefer your image to other images.
this could help many members out

didier74

Registered
Hi,

Did not test all images, but Gemini 3 and Newenigma2 only.
Quality of picture is better on Newenigma2 without any problem.
Very stable image too, i just have some problems with Mytubeplayer plugin.

Hope this helps.

Didier.

jerrino77

Registered
Sifteam Gecko when they will implement the 256 mb flash stuff.. Till then the best is absolutely Nemesis 2.2

Jahu

Donating Member
Agree, Gecko still on old flash size. EDG for me too and all plugins and skins on flash and still only 25% of Flash used. Super!

stratus

Registered
you have a lot of images works finaly

ICVS, DDdemon,Merlin and Peter Pan
these images are combatible with the most plugins
wfg

naveed68

Registered
ive tyred oozoon dream elite enigma and a few more.

and nothinh compares to stunning hd pq on nemesis 2.3 hd channels.
i can tell the differenc also nemesis is just so responsive and doulbe fast compare to oozoon and other images.

yep nemesis 2.3 is the best image to date and a real winner

marioshamb

Registered
Since enigma2 appeared,i started using Blackhole in one box and newnigma2 to the other(Dm 800 and Dm 8000 later).Blackhole is not existing any more and i continued with this perfect image newnigma2.Since i flashed Domica8 i havent changed.The reason is the picture quality which is the best.Also in my 8000 i have the internal terrestrial tuner and his response in changing channels is the fastest.I vote for Domica although there many good images.

stewiebee

Registered
This is the problem with asking The Best image for DM 8000 is there is no answer.Everyone thinks there image is the best,and that is the point everyone as there favourite there is no best image.For me the only important factor is not the gui it is the hd picture quality.If someone like me invests £1800 on a full hd 50 inch plasma i want the best 1080i output picture quality from my dreambox.Some images i have tried have had very poor pq output quality.So in conclusion the The Best image for DM 800 is the one that looks best on your tv.