Go Back   Sat Universe > Smartcards > Programmers

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Firmware for smargo triple reader ?

Programmers

Old 16-05-2021, 23:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Firmware for smargo triple reader ?

Hi,

is there any chance to find Argolis triple reader firmware download site ? Could someone help to find ? I know its very old stuff.

Regards,
imedve
Old 16-05-2021, 23:59  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Read this:
https://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=240712

Also i found something like this:
Quote:
You will require oscam to be installed, which has been compiled to support libusb. (USB Driver Support)

Setting up Argolis Smargo Triple Card Reader on an Enigma2 Box.

Connect Argolis Smargo Triple Card Reader to Enigma2 Box USB socket and reboot the box.

Open a Telnet/Terminal window and type the following and press return...

lsusb

Example below...

[email protected]:~# lsusb
Bus 010 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 005 Device 004: ID 0a5c:2045
Bus 005 Device 005: ID 0a5c:0bdc
Bus 009 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 008 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0403:6011
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 1a40:0101
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

The device ID you are looking for is, ID 0403:6011. You can see from my example, the Smargo Triple Reader connected to my box is on Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0403:6011.

Open a Telnet/Terminal window and type the following and press return...

dmesg

Argolis Triple Reader will be assigned three virtual comports:

/dev/ttyUSB0
/dev/ttyUSB1
/dev/ttyUSB2

Which you can use in your oscam.server config file.
oscam.server Example below...

[reader]
label = Argolis_Triple_Reader_1
protocol = mouse
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
autospeed = 1
detect = cd
emmcache = 1,3,2,0
group = 1

[reader]
label = Argolis_Triple_Reader_2
protocol = mouse
device = /dev/ttyUSB1
autospeed = 1
detect = cd
emmcache = 1,3,2,0
group = 1

[reader]
label = Argolis_Triple_Reader_3
protocol = mouse
device = /dev/ttyUSB2
autospeed = 1
detect = cd
emmcache = 1,3,2,0
group = 1
#//cc'prime (17-05-2021), agronicos2019 (17-05-2021)
Old 17-05-2021, 15:34  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi,

thank you, unfortunately my problem is more generic. I have bought 3 smargo triple reader recently (advertised in some webshops nowdays). Connected one to a linux box and worked fine with oscam (3 x FTDI serial to usb were recognized as expected). Than i connected the remaining 2 reader to the same box for test. After that none of them worked. No any device on USB, no FTDI, nothing but sometimes i could see this:

03eb:6124 Atmel Corp. at91sam SAMBA bootloader

Finally this device disappeared too. Unboxing it and read about AT91 cpu i have found a jumper on the PCB for flash reset and restore built-in SAMBA bootloader.

I suppose the Smargo firmware should be download but can find it for smartreader+/smartreader v2 (one card slot) only, not for triple reader. Argolis site is down since a few years. Don't know what kind of items i have bought. Original ? Fake ? BTW, looks perfect but "2011.08.25" printed on the PCB.

After many digging i have found the following notice on a webshop:

WARNING: DO NOT CONNECT ARGOLIS TRIPLE READER TO A PC / LAPTOP, IT WILL DAMAGE THE UNIT AND RENDER IT USELESS. ONLY CONNECT TO A STB (SET TOP BOX) RUNNING ENIGMA2.

Very interesting ...

Regards,
imedve
Old 24-05-2021, 12:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,821 Posts

mouse and smartreader work very poorly with the triple reader! i only use smargo and it works very well
but here is bad that hardly any oscams are compiled with libusb for cardreader_smargo
Old 02-09-2021, 15:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

hi,

my smargo not show in pc any thing how to solve?
Old 04-09-2021, 05:10  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

still not answer ...
Old 06-09-2021, 23:27  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Rickk has answered your question as regards your oscam not recognising the smargo reader .

answer= you need a oscam bin compiled with libusb .
Ferret (07-09-2021)