Skystar HD2 and DVB-S2

DVBGR

Registered
I recenlty purchased a skystar hd2 for watching dvb-s2 channels.
The problem is that while dvb-s stream flawlessly when i choose sth like Sky CINEMA HD i lose the transponder signal after a while and the channels freezes.The image comes back after a few seconds
Signal and lever are both above 85% and my setup is DVBViewer Pro (or DVBDream) with Acamd and Skystar HD2 in WinXP Sp2.
Any help?

JoePub

Registered
ACamd should have ECM response times in it's log. Do you see any, and if so what are they?

barnejus

Registered
i have simular problem no signal dvb-s2 transponder skystar hd2 vista 32 bit (progdvb, dvbdream, dvb vievier, alt dvb)

Gerry84265

Registered
I have just purchased Skystar and now have a registered copy of ProgDVB. I have just downloaded the latest version of the AcamD plugin and would appreciate a pointer as to further help and where to get it. Thanks

sky star 2

Super VIP
I have just purchased Skystar and now have a registered copy of ProgDVB. I have just downloaded the latest version of the AcamD plugin and would appreciate a pointer as to further help and where to get it. Thanks

for what?
please explain more.
:thum:

baloota

Registered
some members mistakenly believed that the mere existence of satellite card of a particular type and some filters that will work channel hd and forgot that there must be a specification computer to run hd
It must be as follows

dual core processor, the least of the best Core 2 Duo or the latest whatever speed - 3 GB RAM-motherboard of excellent quality such as GB orG41 - and of course the graphics card of at least 1 GB These requirements must be available to run the hd channels

magictails

Registered
hi

for skystar 2 hd pci

The SkyStar HD 2 is a TV card for your PC that allows you to receive TV broadcasts in both PAL and HDTV formats. The abbreviation HDTV stands for High Definition TV. This is a worldwide digital TV standard that provides sharp contours, rich colours and tremendous depth. In addition, HDTV broadcasts very often provide impressive surround sound. Naturally, the SkyStar HD 2 also supports Dolby AC 3.

O.S are important :

Operating systems supported

Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Windows XP (Service Pack 2 recommended)
Windows XP Professional x64 (Service Pack 2 recommended)

Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
Windows Vista x86 / x 64

System requirements

Intel Pentium 4 (1.8 GHz or higher)
512 MB RAM (min.)

64 MB free space on hard drive
Min. 10 GB free space on hard drive for PVR function

1 available PCI slot

3D graphics card recommended
Sound card that supports DirectX

DirectX 9.0 or higher

@ +

Donsentenza

Registered
some members mistakenly believed that the mere existence of satellite card of a particular type and some filters that will work channel hd and forgot that there must be a specification computer to run hd
It must be as follows

dual core processor, the least of the best Core 2 Duo or the latest whatever speed - 3 GB RAM-motherboard of excellent quality such as GB orG41 - and of course the graphics card of at least 1 GB These requirements must be available to run the hd channels

Sorry but i can run HD TV channels without what you're saying is necessary. I have a pc running with Windows Vista Ultimate SP2,X86-based PC, Intel(R) Pentium(R)4 CPU 3.40GHz,3400Mhz,1 core,2logical processor(s),2GB of RAM,and a GeForce nVidia 8400GS :clapping: all with a SkyStar HD2

Last edited:

tosemk

Registered
A really really great help for the cpu is if you have a nvidea grafik card to use the CUDA driver instead the normal driver,then can you in CoreAvc actived to use the cuda acceleration ...all hd decoding is on the gpu of the grafik card instead on the pc cpu...and thats a really great help

sky star 2

Super VIP
Sorry but i can run HD TV channels without what you're saying is necessary. I have a pc running with Windows Vista Ultimate SP2,X86-based PC, Intel(R) Pentium(R)4 CPU 3.40GHz,3400Mhz,1 core,2logical processor(s),2GB of RAM,and a GeForce nVidia 8400GS :clapping: all with a SkyStar HD2

you system not too bad,
but better use from WIN7.

A really really great help for the cpu is if you have a nvidea grafik card to use the CUDA driver instead the normal driver,then can you in CoreAvc actived to use the cuda acceleration ...all hd decoding is on the gpu of the grafik card instead on the pc cpu...and thats a really great help

exactly what you problem?use from what players?propertis your system?:thum:

tosemk

Registered
sky star2 my friend...i have no problems...the very best codec for full hd with any player is core avc...the best in core avc is that he can works with CUDA drivers for geforce nvidia cards...so,if some1 have a weak and slow pc for full hd and have a nvidia geforce card,then deinstall the normal driver for the nvidia and install the CUDA drivers and enable in core avc settings PREFER CUDA ACCELERATIONS and you will have a mutch stable picture and sound and for the pc is mutch easier to render the full hd picture...ok?
sat.jpg

tosemk

Registered
sky star2,my friend and every1 here...HAPPY NEW 2010 YEAR..
sky star2,from where are you my friend?

DVBGR

Registered
Btw..regarding my case (first post in this thread) i had a faulty tuner and after i got the replacement everything works as it should.

snedspark

Registered
Has anyone got the Skystar HD 2 USB CI running with Windows 7, DVBViewer and acamd? I can't seem to get acamd working.

sky star 2

Super VIP
sky star2 my friend...i have no problems...the very best codec for full hd with any player is core avc...the best in core avc is that he can works with CUDA drivers for geforce nvidia cards...so,if some1 have a weak and slow pc for full hd and have a nvidia geforce card,then deinstall the normal driver for the nvidia and install the CUDA drivers and enable in core avc settings PREFER CUDA ACCELERATIONS and you will have a mutch stable picture and sound and for the pc is mutch easier to render the full hd picture...ok?
sat.jpg

ok m8.:thum:

a need help skystar hd2 destkop copatible to work normal

what you problem?
conect card to device so instal drive.

Has anyone got the Skystar HD 2 USB CI running with Windows 7, DVBViewer and acamd? I can't seem to get acamd working.

use from latest drive of this card.
Dviewer have not problem in W7,test your acamd plugin m8 that set ok.

caus

Registered
a have amd x2 6000; 2gb 800mhz memory; 9800gt nvidia; 400w powere; a just put skystar hd2 install driver and freze with vista 64bit don t work normal a have to upgrade destkop or install xp

sky star 2

Super VIP
a have amd x2 6000; 2gb 800mhz memory; 9800gt nvidia; 400w powere; a just put skystar hd2 install driver and freze with vista 64bit don t work normal a have to upgrade destkop or install xp

m8 you must use latest drive for your card so use from prog serei 6.
test and tell end.