SOME SKY UK HD CHANNELS ARE BLACK SCREENS FROM TODAY

BlizzardUK

Registered
I am an honest "hobbyist", I pay for my Sly World Card, £70 a month or so with my multiroom. I use it because I like the non-Sly boxes and increased options. I am gutted as I just noticed HD channels are now missing from my Alien 2, and I don't even card share. I have it paired with an old Thompson box. Sly loose no money from the method I use, they get every penny still.

cupof

Registered
I am an honest "hobbyist", I pay for my Sly World Card, £70 a month or so with my multiroom. I use it because I like the non-Sly boxes and increased options. I am gutted as I just noticed HD channels are now missing from my Alien 2, and I don't even card share. I have it paired with an old Thompson box. Sly loose no money from the method I use, they get every penny still.

so what do you want sky to do
leave you alone
cuz you pay

BlizzardUK

Registered
I am replying to the person earlier who said there are no people here who pay Sly for their content, where-as I and others do.

I am sure if it wasn't for card sharers Sly wouldn't care less about alternate box users such as myself.

far78

Registered
I am replying to the person earlier who said there are no people here who pay Sly for their content, where-as I and others do.

I am sure if it wasn't for card sharers Sly wouldn't care less about alternate box users such as myself.

I still fear they would. Why should Sky let anyone watch TV the way they want with boxes they have personalised when EPG number slots are worth so much? Additionally, they're adding more and more personalised content over time to their boxes such as personalised adverts on Sky channels and, no doubt, they're collecting data on what you watch on their boxes too (via the internet of course).

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
I still fear they would. Why should Sky let anyone watch TV the way they want with boxes they have personalised when EPG number slots are worth so much? Additionally, they're adding more and more personalised content over time to their boxes such as personalised adverts on Sky channels and, no doubt, they're collecting data on what you watch on their boxes too (via the internet of course).
Because it is infact illegal for Sky to force thier customers [ Subscribers ] to use only thier own branded paired boxes believe it or not .
but at this moment in time that seems exactly what Sky have done and implemented some new codec which linux recievers obviously cannott handle at present .
i thinks we will see all Sky HD Channels gone in next 1-2 weeks
already there is 7 HD Channels and counting that have already gone dark screen and there still is nobody anywhere that can tell just exactly what is happening and if there will possibly be any soloution in the future or not :confused:

Commercial payservers and thier spam have ended it !!
look at SkyIT HD for example been black screens for a year already ..now D+ spain is adding the same anti c/s methods to thier cards .:(

For Sure things are just getting worse daily and because of those idiot spamming Commercial payservers there soon wont be very much if anything working in c/s in the very near future !!

far78

Registered
Because it is infact illegal for Sky to force thier customers [ Subscribers ] to use only thier own branded paired boxes believe it or not .

Of course it is - televisions sans frontieres. Indeed, it also means UK citizens should be able to subscribe to Sky outside the UK but within the EU but since when has M*****h let the law get in the way of business :(

Robinson74

Registered
So is it these 8 channels now that they are gone?

National Geographic HD
History Channel HD
Crime and Investigation HD
Sky Arts 1 HD
Sky Arts 2 HD
Nat Geo Wild HD
Sky Living HD
Sky Atlantic HD

sonicdacrack

Registered
So will this mean to wait for new Hardware or a software solution for recievers? I am currently using an VU+ DUO2... Or are we looking at an much greater Problem then the compression?

SrDave

Registered
Japan's NTT Data developed for Sky Italy the new "NRT encoding" that allows an optimization of the encoding in Mpeg 4, with savings of up to 40% in terms of bit-rate, with the same quality of vision. All this translates into more bandwidth and more HD channels without having to change the decoder. Sky Italy has applied for a patent-
NTT DATA announces that it has developed a solution for Sky nominated NRT Encoding that by applying innovative processes to the video compression of linear channels broadcast via satellite , can reduce up to 40% bandwidth consumption necessary , for the same quality . The debut of NRT Encoding - with the first channel on the Sky platform transmitted thanks to new technology - is expected by June and by December 2013, the solution will be extended to other channels.

"We are satisfied with the solution that we have developed in collaboration with NTT DATA as potential applications are numerous and provide us with a significant competitive advantage over other operators ," said Massimo Bertolotti , Head of Innovation and Engineering , Sky Italy . " NRT Encoding is a project that has significant value for Sky Italy has always been attentive to invest in technology , and for its innovative features , we have initiated the process to obtain the patent . "

" We are partners of Sky Italy for several years and just starting experience gained in the development dell'encoding VOD , used to offer Sky On Demand on all screens (PCs, smartphones, tablets and TV) , was born l ' idea of ​​exploiting the encoding techniques to process an offline linear signal , "said Riccardo Ferrari , Senior Manager, NTT DATA in Italy . "Based on our research and to our knowledge , there are no similar solutions on the market today ."

A technology that optimizes then the compression phase in Mpeg 4 (H.264 ), obtaining encodings up to 40% more "read" with the same quality , without requiring the adoption of a new codec (see H.265 ) and that Sky will allow to further increase the range of HD channels in the same bandwidth and without having to change the entire park Sky decoder of its subscribers (Sky has confirmed the compatibility of the existing HD set top box , which will receive a firmware update " on-air "). Some have speculated that the NRT Encoder could be adopted by Sky to broadcast content in Ultra HD resolution , adding that even in this case the current HD decoder would be compatible : Ok the possibility of using the improved encoding , but do not see how the current decoder can convey signals Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 dots) at 50 Hz , both for computational limits of existing decoder chip integrated , and because the built-in HDMI would not be compatible . Not to mention that broadcasting in HD Ultra could see the adoption of 10 -bit color space REC.2020 .

For more information: Sky Forum

musicares

Donating Member
the same info has been published when sky italy hd s has been going black and now sky italy hd s is working on some cs networks

Last edited by a moderator: