Dreambox 800se flash stuck at 1%

Johnny Dopp

Registered
I have bootloader 84A... I tried many images but it still doesn't make it. I'm using my brower to flash.

Any idea ?

Johnny Dopp

Registered
Hi,

thank you for your quick response. I've been trying everything all night long and nothing worked...

Here is a quick overview of what I have and what I tried :

I have a Sunray DM800se
Image was gp3-dm800se-3-2-4-ramiMAHER.
Bootloader : 84B (2011-09-01)

I used every technique described on the Internet :

Dream-up by Sunray from the sunray website.
I can flash the Bootloader (I see it changed when I flash from the web browser) but whenever I flash an image, it gets stuck at 0.39%, 1% or 0%... it happens when i use both dreamup and the browser. I tried with many different images.

I tried on IE9, Firefox 18.0.2 and Safari (latest). It used to work on safari until today.

Sometimes, the dreambox starts, I get "flash/...linux.gz" and then the LCD screen goes black, the blue light blinks for a few seconds and stops. I get the bootlogo and then Black screen...

I can access the dreambox's BIOS with telnet.

What is strange is sometimes, when the flash process get stuck and I reboot, the image's bootscreen appears but then nothing. Note that I quit the flash process after 1 hour.

Honestly... I tried every single thing and no results at all:mecry:

PS : Here is a question. Since there is only 64MB of NAND and the image is 45MB. How can it extracts itself on the dreambox since I removed the Hard Drive ? (It doesn't work either with the hard drive pluged in).

It's driving me nuts, please someone help me !!!!

Johnny Dopp

Registered
Moreover, I downloaded my FLASH content in the web browser interface.

It is exactly 64MB which means the NAND is completly full. I feel like it is part of the problem ?

Whoever will find the solution will be my hero forever !

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You say you have used sunray flashup !

Have you used this with just a service cable ? Very slow to flash but may work, also from the extra tab in flashup try using the recover bad sectors option.

Other then that give optiflasher a go.

aliraza63

Registered
You say you have used sunray flashup !

Have you used this with just a service cable ? Very slow to flash but may work, also from the extra tab in flashup try using the recover bad sectors option.

Other then that give optiflasher a go.

This is the Only and Best Option
Is there a mini flashup switch at back or not if yes use it also

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Miniflashup will allow you to flash over network and mainly used for getting out ofthe no CA error, i think in this case it would be better to try with just a service cable.

Johnny Dopp

Registered
Miniflashup will allow you to flash over network and mainly used for getting out ofthe no CA error, i think in this case it would be better to try with just a service cable.

I tried to do the same thing holding Mini Flashup button. Then flashed with the web browser... Same issue.

I tried with the service cable only. Took a regular usb cable with dreamup. The image went on the Dreambox very slowly. Then, the proccess get stuck at "box is flashing from its memory" and then nothing...

SO I end up rebooting the dreambox. But then if I go to the web browser again and download the FLASH which is in the dreambox it is still 64,0MB.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
It will be i think it backs it up byte for byte regardless of if all the memory is really used or not.

I think your flash memory could be faulty thats the reason i asked if youd tried the recover bad sectors option in flashup. Have you tried that option did it report any errors ?

Johnny Dopp

Registered
yep... I did it and dreamup gets stuck at "box is flashing from its memory". The progress bar moved until around 1% and then nothing again...

I begin to thin my poor DM800se is dead...

I can't believe it... I can write on the NAND but it won't install by itself...

Johnny Dopp

Registered
The boot logo changed though....

Could you provide me a SSL AND an image whic match for sure ?

I'm becoming crazy with this thing...

Johnny Dopp

Registered
In the end, the problem does not from talking to the dreambox since I can send files on it, access the BIOS or change the Bootloader...

However, when the box tries to flash itself from its memory, it gets stuck.

Johnny Dopp

Registered
Deer Ferret, I LOVE YOU !!!

Don't know why but this time it worked !!! Could you explain me why you suggested these SSL and Image ?

All right, is the image you gave me recent and reliable ?

How can I know the good images for this ssl ?

Please give me some info so I don't intend a night like that anymore !

If you come by Brussels, I offer you the largest beer ever ! Cheers m8 !

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I know they work.

Yeah its reliable but you should now be able to go on and flash any image of your choice on a 84b now and have no more trouble.

All images we have on su will tell you the bootloader they are built on you now need to use 84b images.

Johnny Dopp

Registered
All right, I see this image is yours !

Nice work. Although I used to have the blue panel and TS Panel...

It was easy to set up CCcam. How can I add it to your image ?

Sorry, I might sound as a noob, but I'm interested in understanding how things work and getting info about the dreambox is quite hard.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
For plugin use

Menu-Plugins and then press green button youll see cams etc

CCcam and Mgcamd are included in the image you just flashed.

I dont use the tspanel it make the images heavy but you can install it if you like.