Flashing 800Sev2 lacking IP address

maltB

Registered
Hi again,
How can I flash a new image onto a clone 800SEv2 which does not give the dhcp/ip number?
Thanks, as always, for your invaluable help.
Bob

Lmkiu

Registered
Check out below, might be similar to v2.

DM800 HD se Flashing firmware by Browser
Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash

You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.

You need either a DHCP server and a configured bootloader

You need a browser and a network cable. Connect your Dreambox to a switch/hub/router in your lokal LAN.

To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.

The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by switching off by the power switch.
Standby is not enough!

- (1.) Press and hold the power button.
- (2.) Switch on your Dreambox.
- (3.) Your Dreambox will get the next free DHCP IP address from your router.

webinterface.jpg

- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" .
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

webinterface2.jpg

- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

Thanks to the author?

Last edited:

maltB

Registered
Thanks Lmkiu,
That's what I was using before the dhcp stopped working. (Luckily it came back on and I can still use the method you are suggesting. And for that I thank you.)
But, what can I use if dhcp doesn't work?
With the DM800 I could use dreamUp; I guess I could use something similar, if not the same, here. Or use the mini usb port to upload some of the software as suggested somewhere. It would be nice to know beforehand, if I find myself in such a predicament.
Thanks and Regards
Bob

Lmkiu

Registered
You might also need to check your adapter settings as follows,

use Interface........................Yes
use DHCP.............................Yes

You should really not lose DHCP once settings are applied, unless you have a router or other hardware fault.

As all digital equipment gets hung up, power down your router for a couple of minutes (fully disconnected from mains) and power back on.

Not sure if you can use optiflasher as an alternative on v2, its a handy tool.

Best of luck

maltB

Registered
Thanks Lmkiu.
I'll search around for the optiflasher - you never know.
Thanks again ... and Regards
Bob