Copy CCcam.cfg with ftp over internet

rohandalli

Registered
hi

i am trying to upload the cccam.cfg to my dreambox with an ftp software i am using flashfxp. Ovet the wan (internet) not lan over lan is ok.

the ftp software is giving me an error 553 could not create file
can some one help me pls because i need to upload that cccam.cfg file alway over internet.

thanks in advance

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

You would need to have port 21 open on the IP of your Dreambox in your router config for this to work.

Ferret

rohandalli

Registered
Yes port 21 is open
and i connect to the box i can even see the files but cannot transfer files looks like it is read only but than if i transfer files locally not over internet works good

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Depending on model the config is in var/etc or ect.

If you can not change it id first try i different FTP program before digging deeper.

Ferret

rohandalli

Registered
Model dm500s image edg nemesis cccam 2.1.4 cccam.cfg var/etc ok and i tried 3 different ftp client but no success is there maybe another way?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No other way mate, it has to by ftp. There has to be a reason for not been able to do this, some setting in the router.

Are you able to change the config when your on the same network not over internet?

Ferret

rohandalli

Registered
yes sir i am able to do it on LAN through internet no.

port 21 and 20 are open i don't know what else to do

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Look for a setting in your router "Block Anonymous Internet request" and disable it.

Also as a test if your router has a DMZ zone then add the IP of your Dreambox and try.

Obvious your DNS or static IP is not the problem as you get a connection, this is a strange problem.

Ferret

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
If you can't upload a cccam.cfg in your dreambox, than try to edit the existed one. Go to cccam.cfg and with a right click of the mouse choose edit option. Write evrything you need into the file and save it.

Another way is to use tuxbox plugin. You can edit cccam.cfg using remote control.