Loopthorugh Tuner

lehman05

Registered
I've started using the SF8008 boxes, they are a great bang for your buck unit but one thing they don't seem have are loopthrough dual sat tuners.

Is there a way to get this to work such as adding a splitter. or any other ideas?

kebien

Well Known Member
Sure,a satellite cable can be shared with other devices,just look at your setup and get what you need (diseqc,no diseqc,multidish,whichever is your case)

lehman05

Registered
Thanks, I don't have a unit in front of me at the moment but I'm pretty sure the problem is that in the software there is no option to choose loopthrough. I've tried both openvix and openatv.

kebien

Well Known Member
Thanks, I don't have a unit in front of me at the moment but I'm pretty sure the problem is that in the software there is no option to choose loopthrough. I've tried both openvix and openatv.

????

what are you trying to say?
A loopthrough is simply a splitter.
But in some antenna configuration you cannot split.

By the way,you do not need any loopthough option to split an antenna cable,both receivers will be independent from each other.

lehman05

Registered
You're misunderstanding me. I'm not wanting to connect an output or split the cable and send it to another box.

The vu+duo boxes for example have internal loopthrough, connecting the dual sat tuners together so that you can record something and watch another channel at the same time, as long as the channels are on the same polarisation (even with one cable).

With the SF8008 this doesn't appear to be the case. There is no option in the software to loop the two tuners together.

kebien

Well Known Member
You're misunderstanding me. I'm not wanting to connect an output or split the cable and send it to another box.

The vu+duo boxes for example have internal loopthrough, connecting the dual sat tuners together so that you can record something and watch another channel at the same time, as long as the channels are on the same polarisation (even with one cable).

With the SF8008 this doesn't appear to be the case. There is no option in the software to loop the two tuners together.

Your sf8008 is a dual satellite tuner?
And enigma2 does not enable that option?
Did you try another image?

Last edited:

kebien

Well Known Member
Yes it's a dual sat tuner https://www.satking.de/sat--co/tv-r...hevc-e2-linux-dual-wifi-twin-dvb-s2x-receiver

Yes, have tried other images and the option just isn't there. It's a shame because it's almost the perfect box.

It should be easy to setup for the image makers.
Just post in their webiste to enable that option for this boxes.
It is clearly Enigma2 not enabling the option,not the box itself.
Plus,since Enigma 2 is already able to do the loopthrough,must take little time to add it to the code.