sim2.01 dm800 clone-facts

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The latest BL now is ssl84, if u use sim2.01 u can try ssl84, just flashing a new image with ssl84 by web browser.

Yes mate use one of the new sim2.0.1 ssl84 patched images and flash via browser, all will work well for you.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes flashing a patched image will upgrade ssl82 to ssl84 no problem.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Can i still use every new image in clone DM800 with original SIM?

If you have a original sim in your clone you can use any original image yes no restrictions.

:thum:

rassi

Registered
Original sim ?

DM800 original sim or original sim from other Dreambox ?

TS

I do have Clone DM800 which has now genuine DMM SIM from original DM800.

Just to be sure again, cos i noticed this text on new images "include an improved flash error correction feature" and it just sound some feature which will affect clone boxes in a bad way :)

toysoft

You can use newer SSL and images, if you have inside the original sim, as all rely on the original sim replying properly to software. Enjoy !

TS

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I run a original sim in a clone mobo youll have no issues tested it to death.

Use original every thing.:thum:

buzzbomb

Registered
Sorry if I have asked this question before but absolutely paranoid about getting it wrong. As you can see from my signature have BA 526 installed. Would prefer not to change it as it took forever to install. Would like to try some BL82 or BL84 images but still keep my PP BL76 image. What do I need to do to add BL82 or BL84 images to BA so that I can try them.????

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
As your trying the image in BA on external media anyway they will runn of the BL and drivers in your flash image anyway so there is no harm trying them on usb.

Some features may not work as they will be running off older drivers and BL

buzzbomb

Registered
Thanks Ferret. Yes I was hoping to put them on the USB along with the PP image. I do not use the Oozoon BL76 flash image for anything other than bootup, drivers, BA etc. Would it be better to update the flash image to an BL82 or 84 image and if yes would that affect the installed BA ?

zkghost

Registered
Hi I'm a new member and I'm looking for some help! I've got a dm800hd with Ferrari Sim 2.01 SSL79F(that shows in start up screen). Can I install an image for SSL82F?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You have mentioned both sim types !

Which one do you have Ferrari or Sim2.01 ? It can not be both !