Quad LNB for a focus prime dish

FishFeed

Registered
Looking to upgrade my setup for a 1,80m focus prime dish and want to install a Quad LNB.

Was ready to order the new LNB and found out that focus prime lnbs are different. :confused:

The stores i looked at either don't have the C120 Quad LNB or are asking for a big price.

My questions are
does a flanged LNB, like in the photo, work with a feedhorn on a focus prime dish?
Any known performance issues with feed reception?

thanks

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
NO Issues FishFeed this LNB IN Your Picture is the exact same Inverto Black Pro 0.2db QUAD C120 LNB That i have been using for a few years now ,
i am very pleased with it and if i had to replace it then i would use the same LNB once again it is simply That good !!
And Yes it works fine with a feedhorn i use INVACOM ADF-120 Adjustable Feedhorn C120 for many years which is awesome for feed hunting .
Good luck : ))

antrabe

Registered
im thinking to buy one to replace my old invacom, which is the difference and better because i saw 2 references on webstores:

IDLP-SINF02-OOPRO-OPP

IDLB-SINF01-OOPRO-OPP

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
im thinking to buy one to replace my old invacom, which is the difference and better because i saw 2 references on webstores:

IDLP-SINF02-OOPRO-OPP

IDLB-SINF01-OOPRO-OPP
one is Inverto Single Feed LNB other is Inverto Twin LNB and Neither is Quad LNB like in above Picture posted by FishFeed.

But its okay i have used the Inverto Single Flange LNB for quite some time and if you only need one single LNB Connection and Box then go for it there is not a thing wrong with the Single or Twin Flange they both give excellent signals and just destroys the Invacom C120 LNB's for reliable high signals .

IDLP-SINF02-OOPRO-OPP = Single Flange LNB

IDLP-SINF01-OOPRO-OPP = Twin Flange LNB

antrabe

Registered
Ok thanks I only need one output. I have on my offset a Mac clain lnb and works super fine do you know if exist Mac clain for prime focus? I can’t find nothing about it.

This is the best I have tested Maclean MCTV-670 would be fantastic for prime focus

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
I DID Test an Eagle ASPEN P170+ C120 LNB on my prime focus dish but when trying to lock on weak signals or even for example 3 West it failed terribly .

There really is only two main Brands For C120 LNB's
Invacom AND Inverto , i would argue the Invacom is best for Adjustable Feedhorns and Inverto is best for C120 LNB's
other members may very well say the opposite just to start an argument but know very little about either or tested either but i have and i stick by what i know to be correct ,

Mac clain lnb i have not heard anything about it looks like a Smart LNB clone but no they only produce Offset LNB's
you may see one or two very old Grundig C120 LNB's around on the net they were a lot of fun back in the day but now they are obsolete .

C120 LNB's that Sell these days are those that obtain and hold a signal even on very weak transmissions and do not weaken due to rain , that is why Inverto still sell C120 LNB's like crazy and have no competitors and anything else has faded away into obscurity : ))))

FishFeed

Registered
NO Issues FishFeed this LNB IN Your Picture is the exact same Inverto Black Pro 0.2db QUAD C120 LNB That i have been using for a few years now ,
i am very pleased with it and if i had to replace it then i would use the same LNB once again it is simply That good !!
And Yes it works fine with a feedhorn i use INVACOM ADF-120 Adjustable Feedhorn C120 for many years which is awesome for feed hunting .
Good luck : ))

Good to know that it will work. Thanks Barney115

You say your LNB is a "Inverto Black Pro 0.2db QUAD C120 LNB", it's confusing to me because the product description doesn't mention C120 (i guess Flange is the same as a C120) and all specifications are basically equal to a offset LNB.
The difference seems to be just in the neck of the LNBs.

Any place where i can read info to try and understand why a offset LNB is not suitable for a prime focus dish?

The way the signal is reflected to the LNB might be the main reason but would like to fully understand the mechanics of it.