No CA found by 2nd stage loader "Not Regular CA error"

angelfall

Registered
Well I upgraded my SIM on another clone box, and rebooted it with no big problem until the box suddenly went black again.
So I understood at once that I had to reflash my IMG with a correct BL that fits the SIM2.01. I have now a lower BL in the box then the sim supports I think..AM I Right?
So the main problem is then how the hell can I reflash it...cause when I access it with rs232/Dreamup everything works fine until I got the message i an other window: "No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia". When I then click ok at the window with the error message, the box disconnects from dreamup an I am unable to reflash it.
I am using Dreamup V 1.3.3.4. I see that is some post on this but not exactly this issue I think
I am using rs232 and a network cable...any ideas how the hell I can access the box again...
And again the error message is:"No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia"

And by the way off course I have tried to hold down power button at startup then I only get message: Error
In the display..

Is there any other programs to reflash Box with?
Any ideas Please...

angelfall

Registered
Well I upgraded my SIM on another clone box, and rebooted it with no big problem until the box suddenly went black again.
So I understood at once that I had to reflash my IMG with a correct BL that fits the SIM2.01. I have now a lower BL in the box then the sim supports I think..AM I Right?
So the main problem is then how the hell can I reflash it...cause when I access it with rs232/Dreamup everything works fine until I got the message i an other window: "No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia". When I then click ok at the window with the error message, the box disconnects from dreamup an I am unable to reflash it.
I am using Dreamup V 1.3.3.4. I see that is some post on this but not exactly this issue I think
I am using rs232 and a network cable...any ideas how the hell I can access the box again...
And again the error message is:"No CA found by 2nd stage loader, please contact support at dream-multimedia"

And by the way off course I have tried to hold down power button at startup then I only get message: Error
In the display..

Is there any other programs to reflash Box with?
Any ideas Please...

Ok I now discovered if I boot it up like this with the same error in dreamup I actually can reflash it with webinterface, cause the box are in Serial mode with LocalIP...
It took almost 2 minutes to get the webinterface up in my browser, after I wrote my IP of the box and hitted enter. So I tought it would never show up..But anyway...
This is what I got in the flash webinterface:
"This is the ??? bootloader Web Interface."
Booloader version: Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #65, built 20080927 (Isnt this the PROBLEM??? How the heck can I fix the second stage loader)
and from there I can of course reflash the box...
And the reflash procedure is successfully 100%..But the box shows error anyway...
I have tried to change the bootloader to SSL76C but without any success. Any other Ideas..
And also it isnt much to see when I hit info in the webInterface:
Information
Product Name ???
Booloader version Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #65, built 20080927
Flash Size 64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD) N/A
mID ?
Serial Number ?
MAC Address ?
Printed Serial Number ?

How the Heck can I solve this one guys....Quite a nut!

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

Open you 800 and carefully take out the sim card give it a wipe and re insert it. Be very careful the holder is easy to break.

Then reflash with correct image.

See if that works if not we will think again.

Ferret

angelfall

Registered
Hi mate

Open you 800 and carefully take out the sim card give it a wipe and re insert it. Be very careful the holder is easy to break.

Then reflash with correct image.

See if that works if not we will think again.

Ferret

Thank you so much Ferret, Have tested this with no luck..
Are now trying to solve it with this option...
1) Connect working dreambox DM600/DM800.
2) Open dreamup, press connect.
3) When dreambox is found by dreamup, insert Null-Modem cable in
the broken dreambox.
4) Press flash button, and chose a firmware.
5) The flash progress will probably hang, its OK.
6) Open dreamup again, connect the broken box, press connect.
7) If all went ok, you can now flash box again, (Use only serial
communication)
So I can always now communicate with the box and reflash it..but I always end up with wrong BL I guess..
Also a problem here is that the Img. that was orginally delivered at this box had bootloader #69, and now I have upgraded the SIM to SIM 2.01...and I can not then reinstall the same IMG into the box...It just come up with CA error whatever I so far have tested of BL and IMG...And I am unsure what type of clone I do have...

How can I find out for sure what IMG./BL that are correct for my box, and what bootloader I shall use....

All my simcards on my clones are upgraded to SIM 2.01 but I dont know what bootloader/IMG I shall use...Is it something special I shall look for? I see inside my box that it stands DM800 REV:J is it other things I shall look for at the motherboard to be sure of what BL and IMG to use...What do I have to look for ?
Or is the Main problem that the secondstage loader is broken ? And I have to reflash it like I do now in rs232 modus to fix it..

Thanks for great support BTW

Best regards from
Angelfall

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
have you tried using enforcer to flash your 800?

Was this box a genuine sim2 box? Or was it sim1?

Ferert

angelfall

Registered
have you tried using enforcer to flash your 800?

Was this box a genuine sim2 box? Or was it sim1?

Ferert

It has a sticker of sim 2.01 on the backside...but the sim card inside wasnt sim 2.01 so I used the program with a phoenix burner to upgrade the SimCard:

The Sim card was found and I did upgrade it Sucsessfully. I did this yesterday on another box successfully..
That box worked 100% with this IMG:sim201e-75-GP470-dm800-20100209 after I changed the BL to ssl76C_20100909...that box I also upgraded the Simcard to Ver 2.01

So just now I dont understand shit..Are now just waiting for Dreamup to finish my flashing with serial modus 5 minutes left..

angelfall

Registered
It has a sticker of sim 2.01 on the backside...but the sim card inside wasnt sim 2.01 so I used the program with a phoenix burner to upgrade the SimCard:
h*tp://www.dm800sim2.com/sim2/content/53/20100102/270.html
The Sim card was found and I did upgrade it Sucsessfully. I did this yesterday on another box successfully..
That box worked 100% with this IMG:sim201e-75-GP470-dm800-20100209 after I changed the BL to ssl76C_20100909...that box I also upgraded the Simcard to Ver 2.01

So just now I dont understand shit..Are now just waiting for Dreamup to finish my flashing with serial modus 5 minutes left..
Ok I made to reflash the box 100%, I can always to that..But I just get the same message after reflashing...
Dream Multimedia -) error! in display...
I can flash it in dreamup 100% and in the webinterface via serial HttpIP:...isnt it the same what I use to flash it with? webinterface or Dreamup...

angelfall

Registered
Ok I made to reflash the box 100%, I can always to that..But I just get the same message after reflashing...
Dream Multimedia -) error! in display...
I can flash it in dreamup 100% and in the webinterface via serial HttpIP:...isnt it the same what I use to flash it with? webinterface or Dreamup...

Ok Finally made the Box boot again I reprogrammed the SIM 2.01 card and putted it into the box, now I got this shit under device info in webinterface:
Product Name DM800
Booloader version Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #75, built 20091005
Flash Size 64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD) 2010/01/01
mID 13
Serial Number Secret:)
MAC Address 00:09:Secret :)
Printed Serial Number Secret :)
do u think I shall go for upgrading it to #76 now? and what BL of #76 shall I use?

angelfall

Registered
Use image with 76c mate

Ferret

I just read and understand the 76 A, B and C now...tought it was for different motherboards but as I can see it the 76C the latest and Best BL that supports almost all IMG, and motherboards...
;) So simple! but didnt think about it...Sorry...
What Nabilosat Img do you recommend to me? with bootloader #76C?

PS. Sorry of typing full the forum...And thanks for great support..hopefully someone learned something in this topic...Since I´ve been into so many solutions in this thread...LOL

Best Regards

AngelF.

laskas

Registered
Ok Finally made the Box boot again I reprogrammed the SIM 2.01 card and putted it into the box, now I got this shit under device info in webinterface:
Product Name DM800
Booloader version Dreambox Second Stage Loader BUILD #75, built 20091005
Flash Size 64 MB
Production Date (YYYY/MM/DD) 2010/01/01
mID 13
Serial Number Secret:)
MAC Address 00:09:Secret :)
Printed Serial Number Secret :)
do u think I shall go for upgrading it to #76 now? and what BL of #76 shall I use?

hello, i got the same like yours, No Ca found, and bootlouder from 75 to 65 :(
i forgot this card,thought he is dead.. but you said that you reprogrammed it..
How ? and what programmer you used?
Thanks

angelfall

Registered
Like this

hello, i got the same like yours, No Ca found, and bootlouder from 75 to 65 :(
i forgot this card,thought he is dead.. but you said that you reprogrammed it..
How ? and what programmer you used?
Thanks

Yeah reprogrammed the sim card with Multipro programmer, used Phoenix mode 3.58 Mhz..
The script of upgrade:
h**p://dl.dm800sim2.com/sim2/download/soft/DM800sim200to201en.rar

One trick to reset the card after the script has found the card..disconnect the power of the programmer then connect it again...then UPGRADE :)

Regards From
AngelF.

DonnieH

Registered
Not sure if this is the same problem but my box (clone) was BL76 sim 2.01 with gemini 5 image. Decided to try nabilosat and turned out was an original image and ended up with the 'NO CA FOUND' error.
Is there anyway to get my box back to how it was with BL76 installed?
Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Not sure if this is the same problem but my box (clone) was BL76 sim 2.01 with gemini 5 image. Decided to try nabilosat and turned out was an original image and ended up with the 'NO CA FOUND' error.
Is there anyway to get my box back to how it was with BL76 installed?
Thanks

With just that error mate you should be able to re-flash your 800 with your previous image or any BL76 image.

In most cases though you will need to use DreamUP and a null modem cable the flashing process is slow and will take around a hour.

Ferret

bublegun

Registered
dm800 hd problem

Hi

looks like i have the same problem on my dm800

a friend of mine bought it brand new, then one day after a few weeks of using it, he decided to install gemini5.10 with new BL76..

well after installing it. the DM800 error message started showing up on the LCD.. and with the Dreamup 1.3.3.4 it tried to connect to flash but in the end it shows up , NO CA FOUND BY 2ND STAGE LOADER..

i have tried doing everything suggested in this thread, removed the sim card and put back again which has the hologram 2.01 sim in it.. but obviously its not.

also tried installing older version bl69 , bl70, bl72 with the correct firmwares, but everytime i reboot dm800 it gives the same error on the LCD display from DM..

After booting with pressing power button to go in webpage to flash via webpage, i noticed that on my device info only shows the ss65 information.. device cannot detect mac adress or harware infos as shown on the picture.

I also have a Phoenix Smartcar programmer. and i have managed to put the SIM inside to try and upgrade the sim for the 2,01 version..

but keeps allway getting card not detected.. as if the card was dead..

as anyone got this problem before also? if yes anyone managed to fix it ?

the box is 1mont old.. friend gave up and bought another brand hd receiver.. so he offered me this one, maybe i could fix it.

Any suggestions ? maybe if i buy another SIMCARD it will work ?

thxs in advance guys

cheers
BubleGun
dm800error.jpg

emiell2005

Registered
Hi
I've pretty much tried all the methods suggested in the various threads I found when searching.

Got a DM800 with sim 2.01 which was working until real bad weather and my dm gave black screen. Had latest nemesis 2.3 patched image but when powered it is now stuck on the 'Dream Multimedia=>error!' logo on the OLED display.

I've tried to recover using the various methods using a working box, enforcer etc but getting nowhere.

Using DreamUp, the flash loader is uploaded ok but it freezes at 'initiatting HTTP'. If I use enforcer to flash I either get calculating checksum or file too big. Resetting the box simply returns an error from dream up.

I also tried connecting my PC direct usign a null modem cable and using dcc to find the ip addy of the dm800 but nothing is found. Also tried PC to router using crossover and dm800 to router using normal cable with dcc and still not found.

Powering on with the silver button pressed will not give an IP address.......I cannot get one whatever I try.

I also swapped a SIM from a working box with exactly the same results.

Anyone solved this issue??

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Have you tried using enforcer with both null modem cable and ethernet cable connected at the same time?

That should get it into HTTP may take a few attempts but it should go into HTTP and this should cure the too big issue.

Here a rough guide

1 Download a image for your sim

2 --- Switch Receiver off and connect Network cable and null cable

3 --- Then Start enforcer, Tick Use Network, Fill the relevant boxes with local pc IP and Romote ip of your choose and click Connect.

Program will ask for you to Switch on the receiver.

4 -- It will then go into HTTP mode

5 -- At this stage, you open your browser and insert the romote IP shown on the 800LCD

6 --- Click Browse and navigate to your image

7 --- Chose the image and click Open

8 --- Now click Flash button

9 --- Image will start to

10 -- After finishing click Reboot. In Most case you will need to do so manually

Box will then reboot and come back to life with image we chose to load. Then you can load your Patched image of your coice as box is functional again

emiell2005

Registered
thanks for quick reply,

i used enforcer with both cables have ip address on the display, and i can connect with http+ip my dm800
I flashed image (Nemesis2-3-dm800-e2-SVN (090) ramiMAHER) and also attempt to install sim201-ssl82.nfi

after manual restart i have same display error!

received the following message in the web interface
Product Name??
Second Stage Loader Dreambox Booloader version BUILD # 59, built 20080927
Size 64 MB Flash
Production Date (YYYY / MM / DD) N / A
MID?
Serial Number?
MAC Address?
Printed Serial Number?

my question: Should i load an original image first and then patched img?
it's like the Dreambox perform no action on the application you want to do

also try to push sim while flashing but no results,and also other image but dm is still death

I've tried most of the options now for the last two days

emiel,

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
With your 800 showing Build 59 i think your sim is dead or not making contact.