Vantage 7100 loosing setup

nek999

Registered
Hi, I have a V7100S that looses all setup, if it has been uplugged from the mains for a while, any ideas what might be wrong?
Just noticed, normally it runs off a UPS.
Rgds

dkdexter

Registered
It should keep the config, even if its unplugged for even a year.
What firmware are you running?

nek999

Registered
Vantage_025802.hdp, An EMU/Patched that runs *** viasat Nordic(only SD), as well as Conax from telenor.

dkdexter

Registered
hmm, stable FW.....
How old is the box?
If it runs off an UPS, how do know it looses it's config?
And how does that happen?
When you turn it after long disconnect, does it start with the Wizard?

nek999

Registered
Think the box is 3+ years old, I did buy it secondhand, I had it unplugged when redoing some cables, Upon turn on it starts with the wizard, just like it was brand new, I was checking for a backup battery on the MB , didnt see any, so I guess it writes changes into EEprom,

nek999

Registered
I have not tried the original FW.
I only have to switch off the mains at the back of the tuner for 1 minute, then it looses language, for loosing the setup it was unplugged for 2 days.

nek999

Registered
That was my thought too, anyway, running off a Ups, its really not a problem, in worst care a restore only takes 2 minutes, thanks for all help!

dkdexter

Registered
Didn't really help ;)
Just shared my thoughts, but was also wondering if it running of an UPS, what the problem was ;)
Your Welcome

nek999

Registered
Didn't really help ;)
Just shared my thoughts, but was also wondering if it running of an UPS, what the problem was ;)
Your Welcome

Reason for running off UPS, easy, all my sat tv & av stuff never gets hit by power surges, and mains have a few dropouts during winter. Guess I could try sending a mail to vantage support.
Rgds

dkdexter

Registered
Reason for running off UPS, easy, all my sat tv & av stuff never gets hit by power surges, and mains have a few dropouts during winter. Guess I could try sending a mail to vantage support.
Rgds

Vantage support is non exciting, you can call or mail them. But you are very lucky if you get a reply