Bad video quality on vu+solo!

santosanto

Registered
Tried few images(4or5)the quality of video on tv is far less than that of a DM800hd.does any vu user confirm?
All combination of video enhancement and auto resolution were tested with no happy results!the tv set is a 46"full HDTV Bravia on 'vivid'
Video mode.
Any advice?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I would say SD pictures are a little less sharpe from the VU range compared to the DMM range. HD pictures are about the same.

santosanto

Registered
Any better image?

Thank you Ferret.is there any better (old or newest )image that would help getting sharper viewing from your experience?bit disappointed with the vu's.
Second pblm: component ports don't either work normally having reddish/blue picture.tried on 2 tvsets(both Sony full) the problem is definitely from the box.different leads have been tested,same result.hardware or driver problem?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
On the Blackhole image there are a couple of plugin that help with picture quality video enhancement i think it may be called but im not in front of mine to be more precise.

santosanto

Registered
Better video quality??

Since I installed on my vu solo the latest 203 blackhe it seems to me as if the video-picture quality has definitely improved.is it an impression or is it real?the image talks of a great picture quality but on solo2.( new drivers, new kernel).
Any idea?

sstylianou

Registered
Hi santosanto you are not alone as a VU+ solo user since I am one myself. The picture is great although a version down of Blackhole which I am using 2.0.2 the picture is great so far so good at my end.:)

adam548

Registered
I had same problem as you and tried all the images i could find. The best I found (no doubt a lot will disagree) was the PBNIGMA closely followed by PODHD
Hope this helps

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
vti and pli i say little better pic then BH

VU+UNO
I HAVE PLASMA PANASONIC 50inc

elkostv

Registered
Setup/system/Video enhancement settings make Sharpness to value 128 and everything will be ok,but first change to expert mode.

Best Regards

king0110

Registered
Most common opinion that vti of last vers.5.1 would be better by quality of sd channels. But if you have a clone you need to select an image by youself

stef73

Registered
im using open pli on my vu+solo on my 46" toshiba upstairs and its fine on vu+duo using vti 5.10 downstairs on brandnew samsung 60" one pic is great to be honest plus i love vti :)