sim2.01 dm800 clone-facts

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Previously i posted here 6 questions regarding sim2.0.1 dm800 clone ,at that time i had not sim2.0.1 but i owned one in the last wk and and i got some facts during my trial to patch original images for this type
first i will answer my previous questions

1-What happaned if we install sim2.0.1 patched images to dreambox with BL72?

mostly the dreambox will not reboot and in best condition we will end with empty tuners and tuner detection failure

2-Does this sim 2.0.1 dreambox accept original images with bootloader 75 like nabilo blackhole .12(unmodified)?

No,will not accept and will stop at error ca not found

3-Does accept latest unmodified barry allen?

No,barry allen will discover the trick and will not be installed because of wrong bootloader

4-Does accept latest unmodified latest drivers?N

Yes accept latest original driver without modification tell now(until dream multimedia take action against this)

5-Does it work if we put image modified for BL72 or less?

Yes,images modified for Bl72 or less will work in this type but we will loose the only advantage of using recent drivers .

6- after 2 or three months can anybody patch images for it,if no patched images from the source available?

yes we can patch images for this type,i got success in that and i will publish here first patched image not from the main source

Facts

1-The trick in sim2.01 is not bootloader 75#
i inject secondloader 69 to dreambox carrying sim2.0.1 modified image and the image continues to work without problem and even i updated to latest drivers without problem

2-It is easy for peoples who made this sim2.0.1 to patch images for sim 1 and 2 to accept latest drivers but because of markting purposes they did not do.

3- Againest what said about incompatibility of barry allen and this type,modified barry allen is working perfectly with this type and more better than meoboot, i have used latest patched 5.0.35(i will post it soon) with good results and with high stability even with other images than ozoon in flash

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi
This method for patching images for sim2.01 dm800 but it is complicated and results are not always stable, i have used the image patched by forhike himself and the result is not accepted and the image stuck at error ca not found
alternative simpler method is
1- install original image to multiboot by barry allen
2- edit ba.sh file and under section of dm800 change bootloader from 75 to 201 and checkstring=75 to checkstring= "empty space"
3- replaced boot/vmlinux.gz by patched one
4- copy secondstage.gz(particular to sim201) to hdd/mb-imags folder
5- backup the image by barry allen to pc harddisk

thats all and by this method i have patched latest lean oozoon 06022010(present in sim201 patched image section)
but the end of story is not happy,multimedia changed here strategy againest clones and all recent images will contain the new kernel 1.6 and patching these images by all classical method will fail
in first post i have asked this question and the answer
"4-Does accept latest unmodified latest drivers?N

Yes accept latest original driver without modification tell now(until dream multimedia take action against this)"

now multimedia took that action and new drivers will not be installed to sim201 dm800 if flash image doesnot contain kernel 1.6 and even latest version of Barry .
i will supply the above mentioned patched files for anyone need them.

Last edited:

niko91

Registered
Hi masters !

Is there a reliable method to patch the images for sim2.01 clones with OE 1.6 ?

@mfaraj57, @ramiMAHER
What method do you use now? Maybe some small, How to ..? :)
I wanted to try himself.

regards

sym8

Registered
2- edit ba.sh file and under section of dm800 change bootloader from 75 to 201 and checkstring=75 to checkstring= "empty space"

I ask, how to edit

mfaraj57

Super VIP
Hi masters !

Is there a reliable method to patch the images for sim2.01 clones with OE 1.6 ?

@mfaraj57, @ramiMAHER
What method do you use now? Maybe some small, How to ..? :)
I wanted to try himself.

regards

Hi
to patch images for sim2.01 there are many methods one made by Forhike by using back up script and found it impractical and the other one by using barry allen
1- first you have to edit ba.sh as mentioned above
2- put secondstage.gz for sim201 in folder mb_images
3- for new kernel 1.6 you should edit user/bin/enigma2 file and this complicated and this step can be replaced by using already modified file
4- do backup image by barry allen as normal

niko91

Registered
@mfaraj57
Thanks for your reply, mate.
Do I need a kernel-vmlinux file to the method of Barry Allen?

regards

mfaraj57

Super VIP
@mfaraj57
Thanks for your reply, mate.
Do I need a kernel-vmlinux file to the method of Barry Allen?

regards
sorry
i forgot that
vmlinux.gz should be copied also to dreambox/boot folder
you can get it from any image patched for sim201

hawar

Registered
Sim 201 Team #82

Hi,

I have a question about my Dreambox 800 HD PVR. if i swich on my dreambox 800HD PVR i see this information on display. ( Sim 201 Team #82 ) i do no i can flash this image on my dreambox or ( Gemin 2 Project 5.1 ) or no if not what is best image for my DM800HD.

Thanks

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Hi mate

You have the latest version BL on your clone 82.

We dont have any Gemini images on this site but if you want to flash that image read the info supplied with it, it should tell you its compatible with sim2 clone and tell you what bootloader it has.

biskra

Registered
can you update this thread for sim 2.01 ssl 82, and what about patching other image like vu+ black hole

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
can you update this thread for sim 2.01 ssl 82, and what about patching other image like vu+ black hole

New ssl84 coming by the end of October.

Blackhole is a VU+ Image even when patched for the DMM range it only works in a multiboot eviroment and even then some features don't work and you can expect errors within the image. My opinion its not worth the hassle use EDG better image anyway.

Charbel89

Registered
hi,

will the ssl82 or 84 work for the DM800 HD (not the SE edition). the current bootload is 76C.

Thanks.