Build a Yamon cable?

piagio2000

Registered
I have saw the pictures on the various tuts of making a cable from an RS232/serial cable.
But I've also saw lots of people say they built a cable from mobile phone USB upfate cables.
Does anyone know if there are any tuts around showing how to do this?

pe.tardo

Registered
You must use CA-42 or DKU-5 Nokia cables, and
identify GND, Rx and Tx to connect to Azbox.

CA-42_DKU-5_pinout.jpg

Last edited:

pisceyar

Registered
You must use CA-42 or DKU-5 Nokia cables, and
identify GND, Rx and Tx to connect to Azbox.

CA-42_DKU-5_pinout.jpg

I am trying to use a nokia DKU-5 cable, only using TX, RX and GND but it seems that also VCC are needed for this cable to operate?

I am getting garbage on putty even though i am setting different baud speed (115200) for the com port.

Can I connect 3,3v out to the Azbox VCC pin or?

Please advice if possible,

Regards
Pisceyar.

pe.tardo

Registered
If your DKU-5 cable has only 3 wires, it's obvious you don't need any more,
but if your cable has 5 or 6 wires, probably your dku-5 needs to be powered, be careful when try this in the stb.
Did you check changing Rx and Tx? if putty shows strange symbols, check it changin' Rx <--> Tx wires.

pisceyar

Registered
If your DKU-5 cable has only 3 wires, it's obvious you don't need any more,
but if your cable has 5 or 6 wires, probably your dku-5 needs to be powered, be careful when try this in the stb.
Did you check changing Rx and Tx? if putty shows strange symbols, check it changin' Rx <--> Tx wires.

Hi pe.tardo,

The cable has 5 wires, and i think i have the right tx, rx because changing them give no ouput in putty. I have ordered a cable from ebay but will arrive in app. 10 days :(

Thanks anyway..