Motorised dish moving intermittently

delboy123

Registered
Running a Mut@nt HD51 twin tuner box - cable and sat.
Sat side connected to a dark motor and 90cm dish.
All been working perfect until recently.

Not used the dish for last few weeks and was parked at 28.2e
This week I tried to move the motor and it only went a couple of degrees then stopped. Tried again but nothing. Then when I rebooted the box it sent the motor as far west as possible.
Since then when I try to move the motor it does move but only intermittently. It will only move a couple of degrees at a time. After several attempts of choosing a satellite it will finally get there.

Now I have tried the following but no luck:
Redone F connector to the box
New 12v 5amp power supply
Disabled cable tuner - just used sat
Latest nightly build of vix and atv

Not sure weather it’s box or motor at fault. Can’t get access to a roof ladder at the moment so can’t access the dish. I am considering ordering a new box to rule that out.

Wondered if anybody had experienced this before or had any suggestions before I start spending money.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Your going to need a ladder anyway but id start by checking and redoing all the fconnectors to motor receiver and lnb.

How old the cable if its 10 years plus renew it if your still having trouble can you borrow another stb to try on it ?

If you can and it works then the mutants at fault if it does not move likely the motor is at fault.

delboy123

Registered
The only other box I’ve got access to at the minute is a zgemma but I’ve seen reports they aren’t great with a motor and I don’t trust it.
Actually I have got an old DVB-S2 card lying around somewhere. Do you know what software I could use to try moving the motor with that? Only ever tried dvbdream.

Cable is under 10 years old so should be ok.
I’m struggling to get a roof ladder with everything that’s going on but I need one so will keep trying.

Just confusing as to why it’s suddenly started playing up now. And especially why it randomly turns as far west as possible.

Last edited: