OPENBOX - SKYBOX REPAIRING

bonou2

Registered
I’ve traced the problem of low LNB voltage that causes the S-9 to work for a while then drop off. There is a small part that looks like a disc capacitor near the tuner that actually is a PTC thermistor that goes bad.
IMG_0018-2.jpg

This part provides short circuit protection, but when bad it trips off at loading well under the max rating of 500ma. The two bad ones I have found so far are marked M60 065.
IMG_0021-1.jpg

On my own OpenBox that is still working, this part is larger and is marked JK60 065. Digi-Key engineer crossed this to a “Little Fuse” brand part # F1993CT-ND. It costs 58 cents!
IMG_0016-1.jpg

This part can be changed from the top side of the board. Just snip the old one off.
IMG_0022-1.jpg

Then tack solder the new one to the solder pads.
IMG_0028-1.jpg

I then tested the S-9 by operating into a variable power resistor.
IMG_0026-1.jpg

Ran it at 19v. @ 460ma. For two hours. The voltage and current held and the thermistor ran cool.
IMG_0024-1.jpg

The S-10 uses the same part, M60 065, and is mounted on the tuner board. It has been confirmed that this Digi-Key part will fix the S-10 as well.

suerte y sal U2

JAKITAKI

Super VIP
Openbox S16_flash problem

There are two versions of s16 openbox using different firmware, most use these firmware.
There is another who is different, as you know it, easy if you put this firmware and from from there restart your receiver as a minute or less to be working then you have the openbox "weird" so to speak, not clone because in this version of openbox not bring security chip and the only way to recover is reinstalling per port RS232 null modem cable and the original firmware, so it is highly recommended to always backup the original firmware.

If anyone has one of those rare and put him decos any bin is bootloop stay in and did a backup, here I leave the most recent version of this, along with the loader to load for RS232 serial port.
Checking with a hex editor, the most noticeable difference is that the common firmware is maincode 3606q 3606b and this is
First check only if they need this firmware, it only if you fail your s16 openbox after having updated the bin.